Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Something different and back to basics

Hello there.  Again, long time no speak - I keep uploading posts and saving them meaning to do a quick write up and then post it but before I know it, I've got 3 or 4 of them sitting there and weeks/months have gone by.

Big Oops!  So, here's the first of the backlog of crafty things I have made since my last post.

This was a birthday card I made for hubby's sister.  Wanted to do a non cute card and I knew I wanted to try out some silhouette stamps I bought just for such a non cute occasion.  (I got them from Stamp addicts - after seeing them by chance in one of their newsletters and knew I HAD to have them!)  No colouring either!  Just good old stamping and heat embossing.

The image has been stamped and embossed with black holographic embossing powder and then I have just masked a circle of the sun and sponged the background with various distress inks.  To be honest, the colours aren't what I had in mind but I just went with it then just found some co-ordinating cardstock and papers to mat and layer it.  The sentiment has been punched out with my ATB tapewriter which I haven't used for ages and I've just added some orange gems either end to finish.

Right, will be back with more shortly!


1 comment:

Annie said...

fabulous card Fran, and good to see you back with us in blog land again!
hugs, annie x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin