Thursday, 4 August 2011

fairytales

Hiya, I'm back again with the other card I managed to make using one of the images from my coloured in pile (with Copics) which is constantly growing, as colouring is about all I ever feel like doing these days.

This one is a Magnolia cutie from the fairytale range (sentiment from Whiff of Joy) and I've just teamed her with bit of design paper that was laying on my desk and had the right colours to match.  Sponged the background around her with distress ink to soften the stark white.
Used the fab Cheery Lynn heart doily die behind the image which was cut out and matted with nesties labels die and an MFT leaf flourish die (my obsession with their dies is still going strong as they keep coming out with so many fab ones!).  Added some flowers and  lilac baubles to finish.  Decorated the inside to match.


And that's all the cards I have to show at the moment.  Have my crochet project left to show you and I'm currently trying to finish knitting a scarf I started last xmas for hubby - hopefully in time for this xmas LOL.

I'm currently trying to resist all the fab new goodies slowly trickling in for christmas.  Failed with the LOTV xmas stamps LOL (although I was good and only got 5), but just seen all the MME paper pads and more fab Dienamics dies . . not to mention some cute Sassy stamps . ., Hero Arts, . . . and the list just keeps on growing - help :o  Off to go put some more goodies in my virtual basket and see if I can resist the 'pay' button LOL


7 comments:

Andrea said...

A gorgeous card - lovely image, and I love the doily.
It's nice to see you pop by now and again!
Love, Andrea xx

Viv said...

Fabulous card Fran!! Hey! It's quality, not quantity..right! As for not hitting that 'pay' button...as Seven of Nine would say..'Resistance is futile'!Ha Ha!! I am Borg!!!
xxx

Ranita said...

Wooow...so beautiful. The colours and the papers are awesome. Great job.
Hugs, Ranita

debby4000 said...

You're like buses Fran nothing for weeks then two come along together. This is gorgeous and love the heart doily.
Good luck with resisting the pay button!
luv
Debby

nessy said...

so did you resist?? yes? bet you did!! ha ha!!
such a gorgeous card fran ~ beautifully coloured and pretty details ~great to see you back and crafting!
vanessa xx

Kathy said...

LOL Fran you sound just like me!!!!
I think if I load my basket up ~ I have done the shopping!! haha BUT your opposite in that I don't want to color just make the cards up!! Anyways this is just gorgeous!! Love this image and the colors are so pretty! The diecut is fabulous too!
Hope all is well!
:Kathy

Mik said...

Gorgeous card! I love how the black stands out! Great job!! Mik

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin