Saturday, 4 June 2011

Some Odd Girl - my Niece!

Hello!  I'm back with a card I made for my niece's 18th birthday yesterday (blimey, time flies) and I just had to use this stamp from Some Odd Girl as it just reminds me of her soooo much :) not that she's odd or that she has chunky legs LOL but just the happy-go-lucky, big-kid aspect to the image plus she is forever just in vest or T's with Jeans.

Anyway, back to the card.  Wanted a bright cheery card and to use the fab pennant die and stamp set and something a bit more 3D but still quick to make (left it last minute as per usual!) so Easel card came to mind and then it all kinda fell into place as the bunting had to be above her head so I had to raise them on little strips of card and that just made it even cooler as they are left free to dangle behind her like real bunting.  The rest were just chipboard pieces from my stash (another one of those 'things' I have that never seem to get used), and another Whimsy die & stamp set (the tickets) and voila, card done.

Unfortunately as it was completed late at night and my camera battery was on it's last legs so I only managed to get 2 photos - neither of which are very good; the colour on the top one is too dark and the one below although better colour wise, still isn't great but you get the general idea I hope.

Stash:
  • Stamps: Dancin Mae ~ Some Odd Girl clear stamp.  Pennant stamp set & Ticket stamp set ~ Whimsy stamps (to go with their matching dies)

  • Colouring: Copics

  • Paper: MME Lime Twist 'life of the party'

  • Tools:Whimsy Pennant die & ticket die

  • Others: Chipboard pieces, twine to thread all the bunting together


  • That's all from me this week, I do have another card I finished the other week but not got round to taking photo yet (probably because don't like it that much!) but will try and get that on soon.  Until then hope those in the UK are enjoying this glorious sunshine that seemed to come from nowhere.


    3 comments:

    Julie said...

    Fabulous card - just fabulous! Juliexx

    Riet said...

    What a gorgeous card Frances.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Kerryn said...

    such a gorgeous card and I love your colouring too!

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin