Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Here's one I made earlier . . .

. . or even 4 or 5, as they have built up since my last post.  So be prepared for a very long post and in no particular order;

This is the 1 I made but don't actually like that much.  It was using image I already had coloured in and lots of bits I had laying on my desk at the time - the fab scallop card made using a Cheery Lynn die set which I love as it's nice and large (this largest die is just under 6" I think and fits through cuttlebug), the green flourish leafy thing was a freebie die cut amongst 1 of my orders from Dies to Die for (where I get my Cheery Lynn dies from).  I stamped the background with a Hero arts doily stamp in white ink, added some paper roses and resin flowers (from ebay), Martha butterfly punch, some pearl gems and a bit of doodled stitching to finish. Oh, and the sentiment is from a Hero stamp set which I have hand cut into banner shape and curled onto the card by placing some foam pads behind the middle section to keep it raised.  The girl is also raised on foam pads so the whole thing is very 3D in the flesh.

Here's another photo from different angle

My next 2 cards are less feminine and more bright and fun using some stamps from Cats Pajamas.  I love the simplicity and quirky fun of these images and the sentiments that come with them are right up my street too.  There's one that says 'hope your birthday is as fabulous as me' - can see me using that one lots *heehee*

Pretty simple and self explanatory this one - Papers are MME,  teamed with green card base.  I added bit of ribbon and some cutlery brads to the centre.  The sentiment has been cut using one of the smaller dies from my Cheery lynn french flair scallop die set.  Blinged up with big doodlebug green gems and stickles added to the candles, cake and hairbow.  Image coloured with copics and decorated the inside using same papers
My third card is using the other cat's pajama's stamp.  Again, papers are MME and image coloured with Copics but this time  the colour palette is slightly more muted as I've used a peach coloured cardbase and some kraft cardstock for the super cute film strip running down the side (I just stamped parts of the stamp onto each of the cut out sqaures and them put them back into the film strip).  That along with the speech bubble is an MFT Dienamics die.

I just finished it off with a bit of stitching around the edges and added some brads.  Again, the inside has been decorated using the same papers.

This next one is very different to my norm and is very CAS (clean & simple).   The stamp is from a Papermania set of different sketched cars.  Used the Porsche for this one and just heat embossed it with a charchoal embossing powder.  I know, no copic colouring!!  Have inked the edges with some blue distress ink just to add a hint of colour. I used some textured grey cardstock for the cardbase and kept it really simple by just using a bit of contrast charcoal card for matting.  Also used that to make some faux brads (punched out circles that I've curled with embossing tool and then stuck on with foam pads).  Only other embellishment I used were couple of screw brads.  Sentiment from an MFT set.  Apologies for photo but I forgot to take photo until after I sealed it in the polybag!


Then, finally my last card is more my usual style using a very neglected stamp - 1 of the first Gorjuss stamps that were released by Funky Kits many moons ago.  Coloured with Copics, stamped some star borders around her and added bit of stickles.
Papers are some more old MME papers, punched out flowers & leaves using them too (MS & EK punch).  The circular sentiment is from a Whimsy mini circle set.  Again used the papers to decorate the inside too and I stamped part of the image again in a lighter grey ink.
And that's the lot!  Well done if you managed to get all the way to the end!  I shall try not to leave it so long until I post again.  Till next time,


3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow stunning cards every one!!! Hugs, Juliexx

Riet said...

So beautiful cards,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your gorgeous, adorable cards Fran.
luv
Debby

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin