Saturday, 21 May 2011

Some Odd Girl & new goodies

So, my self imposed restraint of not buying new stash hasn't been all that successful this year LOL but I have cut down an incy wincy bit.  Anyway, I've made up for it by selling some cross stitch kits on ebay last week and that actually fetched me a fair bit (but my goodness ebay sure take a wedge out of it don't they, with their 10% fee!). Having said that, think I'm going to have to sell a bit more after my recent visit to the dentist.  Though it's my own fault as I really don't like them and have not been for a looooong time.  Fillings aren't cheap are they?!

Anyway, back to my card I'm showing today.  I've always loved the quirky looks of the Some Odd Girl images but I am old school and like to stamp my images (plus I've got c**p printer that's no good with Copics) so I was over the moon when I saw their clear stamps release and snapped 3 up.  They turned up sooo beautifully wrapped as well.

My obession with dies is still going strong and some of those landed on my doormat this week so had to have a quick play and came up with this;

Kept the inside simple and just die cut matching shape in white for writing on.  It's not great photos as I took it late at night (when I do most my crafting nowadays apart from my 1 day off on Sun) but 1 of the big reasons I love metal dies over say punches is that you can cut out felt and make fab little embellies like the roses on this card.  they are way cuter IRL as I've added a teal coloured gem brads to the centres which you can't see that well in photo and they are a lovely shade of wine which does actually match her skirt.
Stash:
  • Stamps: 'Balloon Kaylee' - Some Odd Girl Stamps (love the sentiment that comes with it)

  • Colouring: Copics and plenty stickles over the balloon
  • Paper: erm, the dotted paper and wine strip I think was from a Pink Paislee pad.  The teal flowered one is just teal card with randomly stamped flower all over it

  • Tools: lots of Dies; Cheery Lynn XL french flair classic & scalloped nesting dies (love how big these dies are), MFT cloud die using white felt, mini rolled roses die and leaves from another 1 of their flower sets using wine & green felt.  Couple of border punches for the strip running behind her

  • Others: black brads, red thread & sewing machine & black viva decor pen for her black pearl necklace.


  • Well that's all for this week, hopefully will get a chance to craft a bit on sunday so may more to show next week.  Till then,


    1 comment:

    Riet said...

    What a gorgeous card Frances.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin