Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Selling cards and the return of my mojo . . .

Hello there.  Sorry for the month long absence again but I have been busy being crafty.  I said I would let you know how I got on re. selling my cards.  Well, rather then put them on ebay which is a lot of work what with listing them, then posting them and then all the fees/costs involved I thought I'd try just selling them at our shop (we have a take away) even if it isn't really a place you would expect to sell them LOL.  So I just decorated a small box and put a selection in and plonked them on the counter and I'm happy to report they are selling  . . . whoo hoo :D  It's a great feeling.

I'm averaging about 7-8cards a week and it's been over a month now so I'm slowly eating into my stash of completed cards.  It always surprises me what cards sell as it's not always the ones I think are the nicest ones but that's good I suppose!  Think my pricing them at £2.50 each or 2 for £4 has been a good tactic as they seem to go for 2 each time :)   So after my first sale it got my mojo going again and I've been making a few more cards as I'll run out soon at this rate.  This was the first one (although it since hasn't sold LOL)
I used a cute CC Designs image I had in my coloured up pile and teamed her with some MME papers, Viva Decor pearl pen, MS border punch and a bit of seam binding to make the bow .  Decorated the inside to match.

I also had my first commission order for 2 60th birthday cards which I will post later to show you and then I've got a couple more cards but will spread them out and schedule them for the rest of this week.  So a bit more activity this week from me.  Until my next post,


2 comments:

Jean said...

Good morning, Fran! So glad to know 'everything's going your way' now! I'm sure your stash won't last long with those super-good prices! And I am delighted to know you plan to post more often for us.

Deb said...

glad to see you crafting again, love this card, well done on your booming business!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin