Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Handmade phone charms & pendants

So, here's my 2nd post with all the little phone charms & couple of pendants I made as christmas stocking fillers for my nieces & nephews (bit more tasteful then last years crocheted poo!)

All made out of Fimo (brand of polymer clay) which is just basically like working with plasticine (another childhood fave of mine!) only you just bake it in the oven to set it and then I just gave them all a coat of clear varnish to finish.

I made 5 lil' ninja phone charms. (I just stuck a needle through the centre of them all before baking so that I could put a head pin through them all so that I could create a loop at the top of them all to attach the phone charm cords on.

From left to right we have: wooden staff, pink flower, nun chucks (no they aren't sausages! - these were the most fiddly to make as I had to add tiny bit of metal chain to them but it's my fave), pink heart, ninja star.  2 pink ones were for my nieces and the others for my nephews. Oh, yeah I ran out of time and for my oldest nephew I made a chicken drumstick LOL (see first photo) - don't ask why, it was just random and what popped into my head at the time - must have been hungry :)
Here's a close up of them;

For my sister I made this little japanese doll; (don't look too close as I've yet to perfect making sure my hands are super clean and managed to transfer bits of black onto her blue dress)

Then for my Mah Jong (chinese game) mad sister I made this Mahjong piece pendant

and finally for my niece I made this whimiscal toast pendant just because she has lots of t-shirts with these sort of faces on them

I think they seemed to like them all.  I also crocheted a Totoro for my niece but I forgot to take a photo before I gave it to her so will have to borrow it sometime and post a piccy of it at a later date.

And that is pretty much all the crafting I've done since November.  Oh, plus a bit of novice knitting - started a scarf for hubby but didn't quite finish it in time for his christmas present - maybe next year LOL

I'm going to try and tidy up my craft room a bit, turn the few coloured christmas images I have sitting on my desk into cards and then hopefully that will help kickstart the old mojo.  That and some of the new LOTV stamps I ordered today may help.  I've been very good and not bought any craft stuff since before christmas.  My aim this year is to cut back on the craft spending (no, really, I am!) and actually use up the masses I already have - Wish me luck!

Until next time,

8 comments:

cardmaking bird said...

I think they're all wonderful! So much fun. Marie x

Joyce said...

Yes I agree, the one with the sausages is the best! Love Big Sis xx

debby4000 said...

Oh they're fabulous Fran.
luv
debby

Viv said...

It's quality not quantity that matters Fran and on these two posts, I see LOTS of quality!! LOVE the red dragon Mah Jong piece!!
My son had one that size given to him by the owner of a Chinese restaurant. He LOVED it! The 'toast' is a cracker!!!
Hugs Viv xxx

nessy said...

..did you make these??? is there no limits to your talents??? bet your family just loved them!!
vanessa xx

Party Bags said...

They are cute! I love the one with sausages.

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

Hey Fran! Thought I'd drop in and say hello. :) LOVE these - SO cute and fun. :)

5Star Digital Scrapbooking said...

Awesome!!!! I love them. I'd like to invite you to add your banner to our Digital Scrapbooking Topsite. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there


Free Digital Scrapbooking

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin