Saturday, 13 November 2010

couple of non cute cards using some new toys

Hello.  Here's a few cards I've managed to make since my last post using some new toys :D.

The first 2 are very simple cards using some fabulous new dies from MFT from their dienamics range (Polka dot greeting die & sentiment set and the rolled rose) and then just some shimmery papers and card.  As much as I love my punches I love metal dies as they can cut through felt, etc - check out my pink felt rose in the 2nd card - love it!  There's more I want to get but I got stung with customs charges so am going to see if I can get them from a UK stockist next time (I've got my eye on the doily die and a couple others :))


This was ultra simple as it was for my mum, so just stamped a lace background direct onto the pearlescent card blank, added the sentiment and felt rose and then finished it off with lots of bling down the sides.

The next 2 cards came about from me wanting to try out my new mini sewing machine (you may have noticed stitching on the first flower card at the start of this post).  I've read lots of people saying they use the mini Janome sewing machine for their cards which I couldn't get hold of but I happened to be in John Lewis the other week and saw they had a mini sewing machine which to me looked almost identical to the Janome mini only it was in funky bright colours and was labelled as a John Lewis brand (they stocked the bigger Janome machines so I reckon they must have just got them to make some for them).  So anyway, I had to get one as I didn't want a big machine and this way I can use it for paper and also for the occasional alterations to trousers etc (the joys of being short and having to take everything up!)  They didn't have the soft pink colour and out of what they had left I opted for the red one . . Look!

It's only diddy but it works a treat.  So anyway, here are the 2 cards I made from 'trying out' my machine.  Nothing fancy I just wanted to see how it coped with sewing through cardstock.


Here they are individually;
This one has sentiment using the die and pattern from the MFT set and the sentiment from Waltzing mouse stamp set.  Papaer is MME, plus some kraft cardstock, MS holly punch, felt flower from Tescos!, silver bells which make lovely jingling sound :) and some ribbon

This next one is again paper from MME, some kraft card but this time I've used a dark brown card base and the sentiment is from Waltzing mouse stamp set(love how they have sets that match lots of the nestabilities die sets). Some viva decor glitter pen in gold for the berries and bronze for the pearls in the corners and green ribbon and holly doodles for a bit of colour contrast. Oh and the deer in the corner is from another stamp set which I have just stamped and cut out.
As it was a dark card base I've decorated the inside very simply with white paper and some scrap kraft card;

Well, that's everything for now - hope that will tide you over until next time - hopefully will get some crafting time in on my day off, sunday as I've got a pile of christmas images all coloured up waiting to be made up into cards.  Till then,


 

8 comments:

Kleine85 said...

Oh wow,this is so awesome, especially the last two!
Have a great saturday,

Tanja

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran!!! Hope you are well.

Your cards are great & luv the felt rose :o)x

Riet said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CARDS FRANCES.

HUGS RIET.X

nessy said...

oh fran these are so very different cards for you ~but simply stunning ~so glad you have had some fun playing with your new goodies
vanessa xx

Andrea said...

Lovely to see you back again - love your cards - looks like you had a good buy with that little sewing machine - have fun with it. And your felt rose is just gorgeous.
Have a lovely weekend.
Love, Andrea xx

Viv said...

Fabulous cards Fran!!! Love every single one of 'em! Know exactly what you mean about customs!!! Grrrr
If you find a UK supplier of the dies, let us know and I'll do the same for you. Hugs Viv xxx
(Saw a mini sewing machine almost identical to the Janome for £25 in B&M)!! I paid over £60 for my Janome! Typical. xxxx

Heather x said...

Beautiful cards Fran :)
*hugs* Heather x

Joyce said...

Cute machine. Love the roses. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Love, Big sis xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin