Monday, 25 October 2010

'Sassy' and a very CAS xmas card

Ooops! So much for not leaving such a long gap between posts.  Anyway, here's a couple I have managed to make.

I've got 10 christmas images coloured up waiting to be made into cards but what did I go and do instead?! This . .
I was experimenting with felt and an old flower cuttlebug die I had so had these little felt flowers lying around which I wanted to use and I got some of the new Sugar Nellie stamps (love that you can colour their eye colour) and thought they suited this girly image.

Stash:
  • Stamps: Simply Sassy by Sugar Nellie (this one was the free stamp when you bought the other 5.  So don't think it's available anymore but the other 5 are.)
  • Colouring: Copics and bit of sponging with antique linen distress ink around her as it was too white
  • Paper: DCWV & cream pearlescent cardstock
  • Tools: Rectangle nesties, cuttlebug flower & leaf die, EK flourish punch
  • Others: Felt for the flowers (this is my new 'thing' at the moment and I'm waiting to get my MFT dies so I can diecut some more felt flowers and snowflakes too so you may be seeing more felt embellies until it's out my system LOL), Viva decor glitter liner in black for the black pearls


  • Now, here's the other card I managed to make.  It is actually a christmas card, finally, but be warned this is VERY clean and simple (probably the ultimate for me - really had to stop myself from adding anything) but I like it

    I wanted something simple that I could churn out for neighbours etc.  May just play around with couple different colour variations and inkpads etc but I think they will do the job. Think they almost look like ones you can get in the shops, what do you think - will they do?  It was all just stamped direct onto white cardblank.  (all stamps except the writing below ribbon are from waltzingmouse stamps  stamp set 'teeny trees' The tree is actually made up of 3 different stamps and the whole set is just full of different bits you can mix & match - I LOVE the font on the sentiments to this set and it's not just christmas.  The one below ribbon is a wooden stamp I have but not sure who by)

    I'm halfway through another christmas card (a cute Magnolia one) so will show that when I'm done.  Until then, wrap up warm (brrrr, it's cold here)


    6 comments:

    debby4000 said...

    Oh I need to make cards like Christmas one its fab. Love the gorgeous cutie one too.
    luv
    Debby

    Juls said...

    I do love this sassy image and she looks so gorgeous in that fab soft pink!!!! Love all the sparkly paper and the adorable little swirls! fab card! Hugs Juls

    Riet said...

    So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    Andrea said...

    I just love your CAS Christmas card - I'm trying to come up with simple Christmas card ideas, but might just end up having to buy them again LOL!
    Love your felt flowers and sassy card too.
    Love, Andrea xx

    CraftyC said...

    They are both gorgeous cards Fran and I do love the C&S!
    Clairex

    Viv said...

    This is AMAZING Fran!!!! CAS and oh so gorgeous! Stunning! xxx

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin