Tuesday, 17 August 2010

welcome home

Oops! Knew there was something I hadn't done. I was supposed to have scheduled this for the weekend but forgot.  (Went to watch Toy story 3 instead - had me in tears at the end LOL)  Anyway, here's the other card I made last week. It's a welcome home card for my sister (she's moved back to the UK last week into house just round the corner from me and my other sister!) so thought I'd use these cute houses from a Greeting Farm stamp set. It's a lot cuter in real life as the middle house is decoupaged and raised, along with the flower pots and the banner but it all looks a bit flat in the photo.

Just used some cloud paper (American Crafts) and some of my Martha border punches (fence & grass). The banner was just cut out free hand and I added some embroidery thread and the houses coloured with copics and some stickles added for bit of sparkle.  Then 3 heart gems to finish and job done.

Will be back Thurs with my CCT card and possibly another one if I remember to schedule it for the weekend.  Till then,

4 comments:

Heather x said...

love the layout on this beautiful card Fran :)
Have a great day hun,
*hugs* Heather x

nessy said...

what a wonderful welcome to your new home card ~love the backing paper (just ordered them from QVC yesterday)~sure your sister loved it!!
paul is taking the boys this afternoon to see toy story ~glad i`m not going if i need my tissues!! (also lewis`s first cinema visit!!)
vanessa xx

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Frances.

Hugs Riet.xx

Andrea said...

A lovely welcome home card - and how lovely for you to have your sister move close to you.
Toy Story 3 made me cry too but I enjoyed it! - my husband told the children he cried too, but when I looked across at him he was sleeping LOL!
Enjoy the rest of your week
Love, Andrea xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin