Thursday, 12 August 2010

CCT Treemendous : Christmas Tree

Hello and welcome to another CCT Thursday.  The theme this week is 'tree-mendous' so we want to see trees or leaves on your cards.  I was wondering what to do at first then realised I had an image coloured up and ready to go.  It's one of the LOTV christmas stamps and this one decorating the christmas tree fits the theme perfectly and it means I've got another christmas card ready to go.  Well the rate August is zipping by I think I need to start now, don't you?!


It's all very simple (can't seem to make any other kind at the moment!) and I've used non christmas papers but thought the stars tied in nicely with the ones in the image and I had to use my Viva decor pearl pen again for the silver half pearls as I'm determined to try and get them to look rounder.  These ones don't look too bad and I think it's easier when they're bigger blobs.  and yes, that is indeed a peel off wording in the corner (got stacks of the stuff so thought I may as well and try to use them in small doses)


Stash:
  • Stamps: LOTV not sure of his proper name but it's one of the new christmas releases.
  • Colouring: Copics with distress stickles 'picket fence', in the hat fur trim for bit of texture and Viva holographic glitter liner in the stars for sparkle
  • Paper:American crafts 'everyday' with green cardstock and some silver mirri card for matting and layering
  • Tools: star punch, chain punch, photo corner punch and tracing wheel for faux stitching holes and silver gel pen for the stitches
  • Others: Viva Decor Pearl pen in Chrome silver, peel off wording!

    Thanks for stopping by and I will be back sometime before the end of this week as I've actually got another card to show. So until then


  • 5 comments:

    Riet said...

    what a gorgeous card Frances,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is fabulous Fran those papers are perfect for the cute image.
    They doing another new collection next week we live on a permanent diet of baked beans.
    Oh and thanks for the link to the new MS punches don't thinky my hubby will thank you though.
    luv
    Debby

    CraftyC said...

    Beautiful card Fran, the image is beautifully coloured and I love the paper!
    Clairex

    Lynne in NI said...

    Oooh gorgeous card Fran and beautifully coloured! And I'm lovin that fab chain punch ... another goodie to add to my wish list!

    dining set said...

    Frances you are one of the best card designer I know. All cards that you do are all beautiful. You have a great talent in art.

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin