Thursday, 26 August 2010

CCT~ 'dieing for a punch' card plus my failed 1st attempt!

Hello.  It's CCT time again and this week's theme is called 'dieing for a punch' which means a card withOUT using any dies or punches.  Don't know whose bright idea that was! (yes, me) as I found it harder than I thought it would and I was dieing to reach for my dies and punches!  Here's what I ended up using good old decorative scissors and lots of Viva Decor glitter pen

The image (High Hopes) is decoupaged (love those feet!) and the paper is very busy (WRMemorykeepers I think) so didn't think it needed much else.  It looks a bit 'blah'  now that I look at the photo but it's better IRL as it's very 3D (see 2nd photo) - honest!



This wasn't actually my original card I started to make for this challenge.  That would be this one using a Kraftin Kimmie image which I thought was nice and big so would be the main focal point and wouldn't need much else.  That was until I realised I had actually cut the image out with my nestie die and then I wanted to layer it with another die D'oh!  hence had to come up with the one above!

The papers on this one are from MME 'paperie stack' and then it was just lots of faux stitching, lace trim and paper roses to finish. As always (well, most of the time) images have been coloured with Copics.

Well that's my lot for this week I think. I've got few images coloured up and plenty of others stamped ready to go but just not finding the time/mojo to do much with them at the moment (though still no problem buying more stash >.< ) so thanks for still visiting.

4 comments:

Heather x said...

Both cards are beautiful and wonderfully coloured Fran, love the effect of the decorative scissors on the 1st one...I seem to have woefully neglected mine since I got my nesties :)
*hugs* Heather x

debby4000 said...

Love them both and so annoyed that I forgot decorative scissors.
luv
Debby

Leann said...

They're both gorgeous Fran!
Hugs x

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Frances,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin