Thursday, 1 July 2010

Fruity CCT: '1 in a melon'

Morning (although I'm probably still in bed as I'm scheduling this the night before, being the night owl that I am)!

I'm back with my CCT card which has a fab 'fruity' theme so dig out those fruity stamps or papers. Thinking about it I could have used my card below for this, as she had a basket of apples but instead I've used this cute High Hopes girl eating one of my favourite fruits - watermelon (about time I used her after having her for about a year!) . . and I couldn't use her without adding a corny pun ;) ' . . one in a "melon" ' (instead of "million" for those who may not get it)

She was crying out to be decoupaged and as I actually started this early for a change I gave it a go (don't have the patience to do it all the time). You might see all the different layers better in the 2 photos below.
Think I stamped her out about 4 times and the melon and her feet are about 3 layers and other bits like her fringe and bunches are only the one layer.  I lost one of her hands at one stage but it didn't take long to cut and colour another one!  I used the last of my silicone glue so won't be doing any more fiddly decoupage until I get some more.


Rather than waste the cut out bits I didn't use I cut and coloured 2 of the spare watermelons and used that behind my sentiment in the corner making sure I positioned the strip over the bits where her hand was :).  The rest of my card was nice and simple as I didn't think it needed much else so good old MS grass border punch and bit of ribbon to finish.

Mmm, seeing that watermelon makes me want some, especially in this hot muggy weather.
Stash:
  • Stamps: 'summer's sweetness' ~ High Hopes, 'the best' sentiment ~  one of those studio g 99p jobbies
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: Cosmo Cricket 'early bird'
  • Tools: besides my trusty fiskars scissors and silicone glue, MS grass border punch, Oval petite scallop nesties & ATB tape writer to type out my sentiment
  • Others: Ribbon, stickles in her hair ribbon

    Right, think that's all from me this week. Can't believe it's July and I'll be another year older this time next week. I've treated myself to the magnolia summer kit so I'm hoping it'll be a good one. Now I just need to think of something to get hubby seeing as he ages 2 days before me :o. Talking of which, I really should start on his card too, shouldn't I?! Till next time,


  • 6 comments:

    Sue said...

    Gorgeous card, just adore the bright colours and the cheeky image.

    Sue xx

    Riet said...

    So beautiful card Frances,i love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is wonderful Fran and adorable too.
    luv
    Debby

    Lisa Summerhays said...

    Love her! Great coloring! Love that you gave her dark hair too.

    cafty lil pixie said...

    Your work is beautiful! thanks for sharing :) I'm adding you to my following list, Hugs Hayley x

    Basslady said...

    haha...very funny...one in a melon...

    fantastic and very sweat card!

    xoxo silvi (germany)

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin