Thursday, 29 July 2010

CCT 'texy crazy' : crafty scribble pad

Hello and welcome to another Thursday CCT. The weeks are just flying by at the moment. This week the theme is 'text crazy' so we want to see main focus of your card/project to be text.

Well for mine it was perfect time for me to ink up this super fun set of  text I got from Elzybells a while ago.  It's a set full of sayings/phrases especially for crafters - all oh so true and funny!  So I used the big verse and also 1 of the sayings in the corner of my note pad (see photo below) - fits me to a T.  Seeing as it is supposed to be a challenge for all things cute, I had to add this 'I love stamping' Anya which went perfectly I thought :) Made an easel card then decided to add small pad of paper to turn it into a little scribble pad which I can keep on my desk
Kept the layout simple but kinda messy and eclectic - bit like my craft room!  Got some Viva pearl paint pen recently so had to give it a go and went a bit mad with it - but I love it!  It's not perfectly round like pearls but it's close enough I think and a lot quicker/cheaper then sticking lots of pearls on.

Stash:

  • Stamps: verse & sentiment ~ Elzybells 'stamp & scrap sentiments' set (unfortunately they are closing down but have huge 50% sale on everything and think this set may still be available).  Stamping Anya ~ Greeting Farm

  • Colouring: Copics

  • Paper: October Afternoon - not sure which range as it was left over pieces

  • Tools: EK border punches

  • Others: Viva Decor pearl pen in 'chrome silver', gem brad



  • That's probably all I have to show you for this week, will try harder for next week. Until then, have a lovely weekend and thanks for dropping by.


    6 comments:

    Heather x said...

    Awesome Fran! Love how you have changed an easel card into a scribble pad.....that text is so cute :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is fabulous Fran and it sounds just like my craftroom, kitchen, dining room etc.
    luv
    debby

    Riet said...

    So gorgeous card Frances,i love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Andrea said...

    What a fabulous idea to make a scribble pad out of an easel card - love the rhymes - perfect for every crafter I think (certainly sounds like my house!)
    Love, Andrea xx

    Barb and Marcia said...

    I SO..... love your card. This fits me to a T!!! I am going to go to their site and see if it is still available. How clever to make an easel card and add a note pad. I may copy this idea for gifts, if you don't mind. So cute. Thanks for sharing.
    (All of us creative people must be the same..I think it is called right brained)

    Joyce said...

    Love the text...funny and so you.

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin