Thursday, 8 July 2010

CCT School's out : 'sunshine'

CCT theme this week is 'schools out for the summer'.  I was a bit stumped at first as I don't need any teacher's thank you card or anything like that but then I saw this amongst my stamps and thought she summed up school summer holidays perfectly and I can use it for any occasion :)


The cute girl is one of the old style Penny Black stamps and it's a biggy - hence minimal embellishments.  Just lots of border punches used, piece of dp and some ribbon.  The top left corner lacked something so I cut out matching circle and curved it with embossing tool to make a matching brad.  That's pretty much all there is too it but any more and it would have looked too cluttered I think. Yes I've set everything off at an angle (I have tendency to do that - it always looks better to me like that, maybe I see things wonky LOL).

I'm particularly pleased with my blue punched out border.  At first it was just the Martha stewart shells running along the top but I thought the straight bit under it didn't look right so I used an EK success wavy border punch along the bottom and love the result :)

Stash:
  • Stamps: Girl (not sure of proper name) ~ Penny Black, 'sunshine' sentiment & dotty flourish ~ various mini clear stamps
  • Colouring: Copics with added glitter accents to her clothes etc using Sakura clear stardust pen and stickles on the waves
  • Paper: Pink Paislee '360 degrees'
  • Tools: lots of border punches and a circle punch for my faux brad & SU slot punch to thread the ribbon through image
  • Others:Ribbon

    Thanks for dropping  by.  Think that's all I've got time for this week so until next week  have a lovely weekend.

  • 6 comments:

    Jane said...

    WOW! this is stunning Fran! love the gorgeous colours and image and you're right to be pleased with the shell border it looks stunning! hugs, Jane xxx

    Riet said...

    So beautiful card Frances,i love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    CraftyC said...

    Gorgeous card Fran and I just love the PB stamp!
    Clairex

    debby4000 said...

    Oh gorgeous card Fran, love that stamps(mine hasn't seen ink)and what fab job with all those punches.
    luv
    Debby

    Heather x said...

    Stunning Fran! Great colour choice and I love what you have done with the punched border.....awesome!
    *hugs* Heather x

    Twin-Katis-PaperScrapworld said...

    so sweet card!

    hugs kati

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin