Monday, 28 June 2010

LOTV: 'hugs & kisses' gone wrong

Hiya, what a scorcher of a week it's been.  Hope you've all managed to stay cool and enjoyed your weekends (let's not mention the dismal football results!).  Mine was spent working as usual but I did manage to have a little play with this cute LOTV image which has been sitting on my desk for an age.  I thought I'd play along to the LOTV challenge for a change but I'm not very happy with the result - I was going for an aged look but that pink piece and the circle die I used doesn't look right and it all looks a bit amateurish to me but it's all stuck down now - oh well!

At least I got to use my bargain cuttlebug hearts embossing folder which was nearly half price over at 'crafts U love'.  I've been hankering after one for a while now (it an old duo combo set which I never got as I thought it was dots when it first came out and I already had a dot folder so never gave it a second look until I saw Debby use it and realised it was cute little embossed hearts but by then it was low down on my 'wishlist' due to the price but when I saw it reduced, how could I resist?!) The die cut 'hugs & kisses' phrase is also part of the set.  I've stamped some flowers and hearts on the green card behind the image as it looked a bit plain and then I've edged all the papers with white ink.

The more I look at this, the more I don't like it (my card that is,  not the image - I love the image!) so we'll just leave it at that I think and move on!  I've also not used my copics for this image, it was watercoloured with distress inks.

That's all for now, I'm half way through making another card at the moment so hopefully that one will turn out better.  Until next time,

 
 

8 comments:

Viv said...

I bet you 10 - 1 that you are the only one that doesn't like it!! It's not what you were planning, but that doesn't make it a disaster. It's gorgeous, stop frowning!!! LOL
I agree....the less said about the football result the better!
Viv xxx

baby crib said...

Another card. But I think this one is going to be one of my favorite Cards The design is the best.

debby4000 said...

I love it Fran and that heart embossing folder is brilliant to use for wedding, anniversary, valentines etc and what a bargain.
luv
Debby

Heather x said...

Different people like different things hun, I am my own worst critic of my cards but you would be surprised at how many people like a card that I am not happy with :0)
I love this one, its cute and girly :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Juls said...

just too gorgeous! Love the distressed look! Hugs Juls

Pops x said...

This is a cute image that you have chosen, love your choice of colours, fab job with Dawny;s sketch too, thanks for playing at LOTV this time big hugs Pops x x x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Frances.

Hugs Riet.xx

Di said...

Whats wrong with this??? its gorgeous! love it!
Hugs Di xxxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin