Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Just Magnolia: birthday wishes

Hello! Today's post is a card that's taken over a week to come together!  Obviously my mojo got the pox too as I've just not been feeling too crafty lately.  Luckily I think it's slowly coming back as I'm pretty much back to normal now (although still got lots of ugly scabs and a few scars which only time will tell whether they will go completely or not).

Anyway back to the card.  I've been colouring images at work when it's not busy so am slowly building up a little pile which are ready for me to make into cards.  However, this has proven more difficult to me as I normally select papers and images together and then colour to match.  Trying to find papers and a layout I was happy with for this cute Tilda proved to be more of a challenge!  I was just about to give up as was getting bored at looking at her sitting on my desk, all cut out in her oval but not liking any layout I tried, until finally yesterday I was determined to finish it and the 'Just Magnolia' challenge was just the little nudge I needed to help it all come together.


Their monthly challenge this week is to try lace pleating which I have done using the yellow organza ribbon, which you can see better on this 2nd photo (click on either for closer view).  I just handstitched over the top of mine as I wanted the lilac contrast over the top.


Stash:

  • Stamps: 'simsalabim Tilda' ~ Magnolia, flourishes around oval ~ grunge collection, Stempelglede, sentiments ~ hero arts & old See D set

  • Colouring: Copics

  • Paper: MME 'Paperie stack' (the lilac sheet), rest from scrap pile

  • Tools:Oval Nesties, MS border punch (can never remember the right names - got too many of them LOL), MS & EK leaf punches, needle for the hand stitching!

  • Others: paper flowers, organaza ribbon, embroidery thread, pearl gems

    That's all for today, need to go finish my CCT card for tomorrow before I head off to work.  Until then,


  • 5 comments:

    Kathy said...

    Fran this is just gorgeous!!! I love the color combination you have used and this image is so cute!!
    WOW I didn't realize you had the Chicken Pox!!!!! So sorry to hear that!! Yeah test your patience it does but I don't remember much of it as I got them when I was little! All my brothers and I had them at the same time!!! My poor mother!! LOL
    Well I hope your all better and back to normal soon!
    Have a great day!
    :)Kathy

    CraftyC said...

    Beautiful card Fran, hope the mojo is in full swing soon though your card looks great!
    Clairex

    Riet said...

    So beautiful card Frances,i love your image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Marcea said...

    What a gorgeous card. I love your image and sweet details. Fabulous pleating too!!!! Thankyou so much for joining us this week on JM!!!
    -x-

    Jane said...

    Wow Fran this is soooo gorgeous! love the papers, the colours are gorgeous!! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin