Thursday, 3 June 2010

CCT~ Black, Blue & Orange Birthday Wishes & a bit of Sushi!

Hello!  and another week has been and gone making it time for CCT again.  Thank you for all the well wishes.  I still can't quite believe I got chicken pox and although not bad physically, besides itching, it has to be one of the worst ones to test your patience!  I'm starting to feel like myself finally but I'm still pretty much covered in spots, including ALL over my face and they have only just started to scab over now - Ugh, it's like waiting for paint to dry.  In the meantime I've been hiding at home (I frighten myself when I look in the mirror!) and overdosing on trashy TV (my craft mojo must have got the pox too).  Poor hubby's had to run the shop without me but even he realises I would only put people off their food if they saw me LOL.

So, you'll have to forgive me for making another simple card this week as I wasn't really in the mood but needed to make a card for my niece who's 17 today (god, how time flies).  This image just reminded me of her with her Ipod wherever she goes and luckily I'd already coloured most of it last week so just coloured her clothes to match the papers which I chose to meet this week's CCT colour combo of black, blue & orange.
Few gems & a sentiment and job done.
Stash:
  • Stamps: 'WS Chelsea' ~ The Greeting Farm, birthday seal ~ Cats life press
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: Pink Paislee 'bayberry cottage' & '365 degrees' and kraft card
  • Tools: 2" circle punch for sentiment
  • Others: orange & black gems

    Now, as I'm stuck at home I've not been able to go get a gift so I thought I'd make her a little jewellary gift (along with some cash which always goes down well, right?!).  She loves Sushi, especially the ones with egg on it so I made her some fun earrings and a matching phone charm too :) out of Fimo clay and then the rest was just findings and beads from my stash.



  • The holder is just made out of scrap piece of kraft card and orange dp and some Magnolia stamps from last year's cooking collection.  I shall leave you with a couple more shots of the earrings and charm, hope she likes them.


    That's all from me for another week. Hopefully I will be fully pox free this time next week. Until then, thanks for dropping by,


    3 comments:

    debby4000 said...

    Oh what a beautiful card Fran, gorgeous sweet image and love the present. Sounds like the Pox is coming to the end and they all should be nice a scabbing but don't pick them this is the time that they might scar.
    luv
    Debby

    Riet said...

    What a gorgeous card Frances,i love your image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Alice Wertz said...

    fabulous gift set, Fran!!! LOVE those mini sushi you made!!

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin