Thursday, 10 June 2010

CCT~ anything but square: Ice cream Innocence

Hello again.  It's CCT time again and this week's challenge is to make a card that's anything but a square.

I had this cutie PI girl coloured up (her dress is paper pierced) so thought it'd be fun to make my own ice cream cone shaped card to put her on and am really pleased with the result even if I do say so myself :)

I doodled on a 7"x5" piece of paper to make my ice cream template until I was happy with it (I just used the cone in the image as my guide to what it should look like).  Then I just cut that out as my template and made my ice cream card as follows; 1. folded brown card and cut out whole ice cream template to create my base, (the fold is along the top). 2. Traced the ice cream part onto pink card (pearlescent so nice and shimmery) and cut that out slightly smaller. 3.Traced the cone part onto beige card, cut that out slightly smaller then embossed lines onto it to give it the wafer look. 4. cut brown strip of card to create the flake and cut slit in the pink card to slot it in. 5. Assembled as shown and added faux stitching, the sprinkles and sentiment then finally the cute PI girl.

Shall leave you with another photo of my card with the various templates I cut out to use.  The flake bit slides in and out so that it fits into a 5x7 envelope.

Stash:

  • Stamps: 'make mine a double' ~ Pure Innocence stamp by MFT, available in UK here, sentiment from a Woodware ice cream stamp set

  • Colouring: Copics 

  • Paper: tiny bit on her dress is DCWV, rest of card is just brown, pink & beige cardstock

  • Tools: my good old fiskars scissors and scorpal to make the wafer pattern on my cone :)

  • Others: stickles, brown fineliner pen for doodling the faux stitches etc




  • 5 comments:

    Riet said...

    Wowwww Frances,this is so beautiful.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    debby4000 said...

    Gosh that ice cream is so realistic, good enought to eat, fab cut image too.
    luv
    Debby

    Kelly said...

    Oooh my goodness. This is fantastic! You've just inspired me to go make a whole heap of shaped cards!
    (just wondered why its not showing on the CCT blog though?)

    Andrea said...

    Wow! What a fabulous card - love the way you've embossed the wafer effect, and the ice cream, with the sprinkles all over it, looks absolutely yummy!
    Love, Andrea xx

    texasjodylynn said...

    Adorable and creative!

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin