Thursday, 20 May 2010

Spoonful of girly innocence ~ 'love you muchly'

Hello again. I'm back with a card that's the total opposite of my last card and fits in perfectly with spoonful's 'cute & girly' theme I think! (yeah, managed to join in a challenge for a change!)


I've used another sweet Pure Innocence stamp, this one is called 'flower girl' and I just love the sentiment that comes with her, which I have stamped below her.  Silly Monkeys have just had a restock of these cuties and they have started to list lots of quilling papers & kits too which got me thinking that I had some from many moons ago.  So I dug them out and had a little play.  Thought they would be great to make some flower embellies (only basic as I never really got any further than the 'dabbling with' stage!).  Then I just pulled out this gorgeous piece of DP from the 'Kioshi' Basic Grey pad and thought they would look fab added to the bouquet.  Here's a side view of it so you can see the 4 added quilled flowers I've put on

The daisy flower is just basic quilling of 6 loose circles pinched at one end to create the teardrop shape and the centre is a quilled tight circle.  The yellow and pink pom pom looking flowers are just strips I have fringed with scissors before quilling then fluffing out.  Then the fourth flower if you can call it that is the teeny tiny lilac rose bud.  You can find loads of instructions for quilling if you just google it.  Quilling is an artform in itself and you can take it to a whole other level but for me, it's just a fun way to add little embellies to my stamped images.  I think I'll be doing more of the fringed flowers as they will be great for the centres of my punched out paper flowers.  I also think quilling will be more prominent soon as Cuttlebug have some new quilling dies due out later this year (saw some videos and the flowers they make look fab) and I think will get more people interested.

Stash:
  • Stamps: 'flower girl' ~ Pure Innocence by MFT, flower flourish ~ Papermania stamp
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: 'Kioshi' Basic Grey pad
  • Tools: MS daisy border & corner punch, quilling tool & 3mm quilling papers
  • Others: ribbon, pearl brads

    Well, that's all the cards I've got to show this week.  Thanks for your continued visits and I hope to see you next week sometime.  I'm also hoping to see some of this supposed heatwave we're supposed to be getting, it's just about sunny at the moment but heatwave it's not! Which probably isn't a bad thing for today, as got to contend with no water later tonight till 6am tomorrow (doing some waterworks in the area) so best go and fill some buckets & the kettle for later!


  • 7 comments:

    Kathy said...

    Adorable card Fran!! Love these cute little images and that sentiment is fabulous ~ never seen that one before!!
    Love that paper you matched with it ~ the spray of flowers along the side is perfect! Your homemade ones are fab as well!!
    I am waiting on a heat wave too! Hope we get at least a little I am not greedy!
    Have a great week-end :)Kathy

    Rhonda Miller said...

    What a great card. I love that image. TFS.

    Riet said...

    What a gorgeous card Frances.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    kitchen tables said...

    This is so pretty! I like the colors that you used! The flower was so creative.

    debby4000 said...

    Oh its so cute Fran and what fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    Toneloni * Tonje said...

    Oh what a beautiful card.Love the colors and papers

    Thanks for playing with us over at A Spoon Full of Sugar.

    Hugs
    Tonje

    Melissa said...

    Love the little flower on the card! Greta Job!

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin