Saturday, 8 May 2010

neglected Magnolias

Hello there!  Second post from me this week - woohoo :)  Having got some more Magnolias from the fairytale range recently, it made me look at my huge collection and realise I probably should actually start using them again if I'm to keep buying them LOL.  So I inked up this cutie to go with another paper flower I made (they are soooo fun to make) at the start of the week and have finally finished putting it all together after sitting on my desk all week.

This flower is a lot bigger than the last one I made, as I've used the Tim holtz tattered floral die.  And as the packaging on that showed them with print all over it made me do the same!  I just found a hero arts definition stamp and randomly stamped that all over them to make it look like page from a book (hence I chose my little Tilda writing in her book) before sponging brick red distress ink all over it.

Layout was done around the flower and the fact that Tilda needed something to sit on.  Then I just added some bling to finish.  Not much else to say really, apart from loving the flourish bits, either end of my flower - they are from a Marianne D, 'frames & swirls' die (which I got just for swirls rather then for the frame bit!)

Well, I'm glad I managed to leave you with another card to look at this week.  Enjoy your weekends and I'll be back next week, sometime.  Thank you for visiting.  I'm off for some lunch and then see if I can't squeeze in a bit more colouring before work.

Stash:

  • Stamps: ' Tilda writing Diary' from earlier Magnolia release at the start of this year.  Hero arts 'handmade definition' used on the handmade flower. 

  • Colouring: Copics on Tilda, distress inks for the flower and for stamping/sponging around edges of the papers

  • Paper: '360degrees' pink paislee pad

  • Tools: Sizzix Tim Holtz 'tattered florals' die for the flower, Marianne D 'frame & swirls' die, MS ATP 'woodland branch' punch for the bit Tilda is sitting on (just punched either side of the strip)

  • Others: Stickles.  Pearl brad for centre of flower, self adhesive gems, flourish template & paper heart doily from The Hobby house.




  • 6 comments:

    Georgia Ehrmann said...

    I love your flower and your card is beautiful! Tilda is darling with her book on her lap. Wonderful coloring !

    Riet said...

    What a beautiful card Frances,i love your image and the papier.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    CraftyC said...

    Gorgeous card Fran, I love your flower!
    Clairex

    Juls said...

    fabulous!!! Love the big handmade flower! Hugs Juls

    Anki said...

    Stunning my friend! And also - read your comment over at Kathy's blog - would love to see your entry for the BnW DT-call.

    Kramis - Anki

    Kim said...

    WOW Fran this is STUNNING hun! What a fantastic Tilda card! She's colored so beautifully! Wish I could master black hair like you have! You always color so beautifully!!! And that flower is STUNNING! WOWSERS love it! Hope you are doing wonderful!
    Hugs~ Kim

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin