Thursday, 13 May 2010

CCT someone special: 'It's your day'

CCT theme this week is 'someone special'.  I've made a birthday card for 'someone special' (as it's bound to go to a family member and they're all special, right?!) - just not sure who yet ;) but when I do, I'll just ring their birthdate with a red pen to personalise it.

As you can see, I've rediscovered my love for my Magnolias and have coloured in another cutie, this time with her daily papers.  The rectangular  background behind her is a piece of white card I have stamped and sponged myself, with distress inks, to match the rest of the papers (which were all scraps left over from my last 2 cards) and the calender bit is another stamp (Hero arts).  And yes, it's that flourish swirl die again - you might be seeing that for a bit until I've gotten it out of my system LOL


Tilda is raised on foam pads which you might see better in this next photo


Wasn't too sure where I was going with this when I started this one but am really pleased with how it turned out now.  Thank you for dropping by and I'll probably be back early next week as I do have another card made but it's for my sister and I want to make sure she gets it first, before I show it on here, as I know she reads my blog ;)   So until then, have a lovely rest of the week and enjoy your weekend.

Stash:
  • Stamps:'love news tilda'~ Magnolia, calender ~ Hero Arts, sentiment ~ one of those 99p studio g sets. background consists of Hero arts defination stamp & a floral MME 99p stamp
  • Colouring: Copics on Tilda and distress inks for the stamped background piece
  • Paper: scraps (pink paislee '360 degrees') & blue cardstock
  • Tools: Nellies mutliframe rectangle die, Marianne D 'frame & swirls' die, flower punch, circle punch
  • Others:pearl brad, red self adhesive pearls, glamour dust over the swirls



  • 6 comments:

    Riet said...

    What a beautiful card Frances,i love your image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Beth said...

    Fantastic card Fran, I love these colours and all the swirly bits look great!

    Love Beth xx

    Joyce said...

    Yes indeed, even though I have so little blog time now, still read yours. Because? You're special ;) xox

    HazelQ said...

    Beautiful card Fran, I like the colors and the papers .)
    Hugs
    Hazel

    Elisa said...

    Beautiful card.Love the colours.x

    x laura x said...

    hey fran, what a lovely card. i have been trying to find this calender stamp. do you know its name? i have been searching but cant find it.
    thanks
    x laura x

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin