Thursday, 20 May 2010

CCT Sketch by Caz: card with bite!

It's sketch week over on CCT, a fab one by Caz (nice and simple, how I like them at the moment).  I think I may have got ontop of this whole being at work all the time now but still having time to make cards by taking my Copics/images into work and colouring when it's not busy ;)  Although I do find this harder (I like to use the papers to help choose what colours to use!) but at least this way I should start having a pile of coloured images ready to use and with the amount of dp I have it shouldn't be too difficult to find colours to match!

Although looking at this now, it probably isn't as good a match as it could have been but the papers where the first to come to mind to go with the whole grungy/goth girl look I was after.
I really love this new line from the Greeting Farm as they are more edgy then the sweet Anyas (which I love, but not everyone loves sugary sweet) and I had a blast colouring her in and giving her eye make up and glittery eyeliner :)  Not too happy with the hair - tried to give her red lowlights but not as good as I would have liked.


Stash:
  • Stamps: 'Thursday' from the Creeper Crew range by The Greeting Farm(TGF),  'bite me' ~ TGF sentiment set, 'you rock' ~ Inkadinkado set, the splodges and flourish bits ~ 'grunge collection' by Stampelglede  available in the UK here
  • Colouring: Copics, clear Sakura stardust pen for her lips and eyeliner
  • Paper: 'Rockstar' & 'all dressed up' DCWV
  • Tools: MS Iron fence or gate (I think -  can never remember the proper names) around the page set, EK success chain edger punch, scallop punch for the 'bite' on the circular sentiment :D
  • Others: staples, self adhesive pearls

    Well, hope you like my take on the sketch. If you prefer your cards more girly & sweet then come back later as I have another card to share which may be more your cup of tea. Until then,

  • 3 comments:

    Debs M x said...

    love this card, i agree it;s great to see 'dark' anya's x

    Riet said...

    What a gorgeous card Frances.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    helen ... said...

    waw beatiful card, I lovet he stamp you used , cool
    hugssss
    helen

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin