Thursday, 6 May 2010

CCT boys to men: fathers day

Hello and it's another week already - time sure is zipping by at an alarming rate and it's May already.  Just wish this weather would catch up and make up it's mind whether it wants to stay sunny/warm or wet/cold so I can stop turning the heating on & off.

Anyway, enough of my moaning.  CCT theme is 'boys to men' so we want to see cards aimed at the men in your life.  So, seeing as time is going by so fast thought I'd get ahead and get my father's day card ready for FIL as I know it'll be June before I know it and I'll get the "have you got a card?" from hubby right at the last minute!

As per most of my men's card, have kept it simple and only used button and string for embellies.  The cute image is LOTV which I've had ages but only just got round to using and the sentiment and cute fish in the corner is from an old MFT set.

Stash:
  • Stamps: 'gone fishing' ~ LOTV, sentiment & fish ~ 'lets hear it for the boys' MFT set 
  • Colouring: Copics, stickles over the fish and water (just realised now I was meant to use Sakura glaze pen over his wellies for shiny look but forgot - D'oh)
  • Paper: '365 degrees' Pink Paislee pad
  • Tools: Nesties Labels thirteen, MS grass border punch, EK wavy border punch
  • Others: button, brown string

    Well, thanks for stopping by and hope you all have a lovely day. Will be interesting to see who's in No.10 come morning
    .

     
  • 6 comments:

    Riet said...

    So beautiful card Frances,i love your image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Beth said...

    Great card Fran! I love the cute stamp and the little fish is a great touch!

    Love Beth xx

    ~Heidi~ said...

    I love the way you used this new nestabilities label. What a fabulous idea. Very cute image!

    Deb said...

    fabulous card Fran, love the cute little fisherman! hugs Debx

    Viv said...

    w this is one of my favourite LOTV stamps Fran! Coloured to perfection and backed with gorgeous DPs. Marvelous! Viv xx

    Wedgie said...

    Cute card - good idea to get ready for Father's Day too!

    Wedgie xxx

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin