Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Birthday Bunny

Hello!  I'm back with the card I made for my Sister last week but wanted to wait till it floated over to the US (Happy Birthday Sis - hope you've got this by now, if not, this is what you're getting LOL- hope you like it ;)).

I've used a cute LOTV bunny stamp, coloured as always with my Copics and as this one is floating along I had to use my Heroarts cloud stamp again to make the background behind her (stamped with matching colours of distress inks) and then the layout of the card just sort of fell into place after that, after much of my usual fiddling around.

I've cut out the image freehand to make a sort of cloud shape.  The sun is last month's freebie stamp off Craft stamper mag which I've cut out and added a tiny sentiment in the middle.  The happy birthday is Basic Grey stamp, the circle sentiment is from a SU set.  Papers are from the gorgeous Baisc Grey 'Kioshi' pad which I have only just broken into (always have to look at them awhile before I can bear to cut/use them LOL) and teamed with some lilac pearlescent cardstock.  Then lots of my MS and EK punches used (the EK success paw print one is fab - like the way I staggered them either side of the strip so it looks like set of footprints?!). Lots of doodling and then stickles glue (on the flame of candle, around cloud and in sun) & gemstones for bit of bling and finishing touch.  I've pretty much just listed everything I've used so won't bother repeating it in a stash list.

Hope the sun is shining where you are, UK is supposed to heat up this week so enjoy it whilst it's here ;)  Thanks for dropping by and until next time,

 
 

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Adorable card Fran!! Ijust love this sweet image! (I still have not used it yet!! So many stamps so little time!! LOL) The papers are so pretty as well! I am sure your sister loved it!! SOunds like you guys are in for some lovely weather! We have nothing but rain for the week! But then I can get caught up on some cards! LOL
:)Kathy

Rach said...

Hiya Fran, i am sure that your sister will love her card, it is gorgeous, what a fabby image and you have coloured it brilliantly, love the free hand cloud that you have cut.. it works brilliantly with the image...
sun... bring it on! lol.
Hugz Rach xxx

Elisa said...

I love this card.Beautiful.x

Tracey said...

This card is beautiful Fran, your sister will love it. I love the cloud details & the double punched border looks fab!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Frances,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Joyce said...

I came home from work yesterday evening and found an envelope lying on the front lawn, all soaking wet because we had a afternoon rain shower. Yes we are in our rainy season now, so it more or less rains everyday in the afternoon/evening. Anyway, I took it indoor and realized Mike must have collected letters from the mailbox but dropped this one on his way home. I knew right away it’s a card from you. The card inside is ok and because of the expensive ink/pen/stuff you used, the card was in perfect condition. I absolutely love it. Have you seen those little paws prints…just so dame cute! Thank you. Big hug from across the pond. Big Sis xx

Alice Wertz said...

this is so adorable!! love it!

Viv said...

Pretty as a picture Fran. Your sis is going to love this. You coloured the bunny perfectly and I love the 'cloud'! Seeing a lot of those today. As usual one nice sunny day and then it's back to drizzle and cloud. (Which means humid)! Yak.
Viv xxx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card Fran, beautiful colours and details.
luv
Debby

megastamper said...

oh fran, your card is really lovely and soooo sweet. all details are great and the coloration just perfect.
have a nice weekend,
hugs, bea

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin