Thursday, 29 April 2010

CCT ~ make your own: 'Sunshiney day'

Hello!  Hope you're all having a good week.  CCT theme this week is 'make your own'.  So for my card I have stamped my own backing paper and made my own paper flower to go with another Pure Innocence cutie.

The background is a fab Hero arts stamp I finally managed to find in the UK after seeing it on Alice's blog a few weeks ago and loving it.  I know you could get similar effect by cutting out cloud shape masks and then sponging over them but this is so much quicker and something about it just called out to me & I had to have it - ever get those?!

Then the flower I made was sooo much fun and it was after seeing this fab tutorial (I used slightly fewer number of punched out shapes as I was impatient but I think it still works.)  So easy, which is what I love, but the results are fab.  May be seeing a few more of these in the near future.

Stash:
  • Stamps: 'sunshiney day' ~ Pure Innocence by MFT from Silly Monkey Crafts, Cloud background ~ Hero Arts design block stamp from Sir Stampalot
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: cloud background stamped with distress ink, rest is from my scrap pile
  • Tools: Peony Nesties, MS & EK Border punches, EK leaf punch and the flower made with EK Retro flower punches
  • Others: Self adhesive pearls, brown  waxed string, distress inks & stickles

    Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you all have a sunshiney day (not sure about here, mine's more like my cloud background!)  I'm going to try and play with my new Magnolias & LOTV before I head off to work again.  So until next week,


  • 6 comments:

    debby4000 said...

    Wonderful card Fran, adorable image. Mmmm think I need that clourd stamp too.
    luv
    Debby

    mar1ene said...

    Gorgeous card!!!! Those stamps are just too cute for words :)
    Hugs, Marlene x

    Deb said...

    gorgeous card Fran, love the background paper and such a pretty flower, hugs debx

    Riet said...

    So gorgeous card Frances,i love your image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Magia da Inês said...

    Olá, amiga!
    Conheci seu cantinho e amei!!!
    Criativo e encantador...
    Você é muito talentosa!
    Bom domingo!
    Beijinhos.
    Itabira - Brasil

    Anonymous said...

    superbe tuto, merci beaucoup.
    Bon dimanche,
    Liliane from Belgium

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin