Thursday, 22 April 2010

CCT ~ Andrea's sketch: zingy Hanglar

Hello!  Hope it's been a good week for everyone and the whole ash saga hasn't affected you.  My brother & family are stuck in HK waiting for a flight home but at least they have their own place there and not having to find/pay for extra accomadation but it must be awful not being able to get back when you want.  Now that ban has been lifted I hope they manage to get back soon.

I think for those reading about it abroad you'd think it was heavy ash or something major but no, everything here on the ground appears normal.  The only sign is our car looks dirtier - if you look up close, it's like a fine grey chalk dust but otherwise you wouldn't be any the wiser!

Anyway, back to my card for the week.   CCT this week has a lovely sketch by Andrea, for you to use.  I've turned the sketch on it's side, found some scraps in my scrap box and inked up the cute Hanglar from the kit I got off ebay.  The colours are a bit on the zingy side - kinda remind me of ice cream sorbets mmmmm but I think it fits the nice bright sunshine we have been getting recently.
I've coloured my Hanglar with Copics but it was done late at night and I was tired so it's not my best colour work and I'm not too happy with the hair but it'll do I think.  The pink card behind her has been cuttlebugged with  an embossing folder and white ink swiped over it.  I've used various border punches including a fab EK success one called 'bumpy road' which is the small uneven scalloped edges all around the pink piece and the white piece.  I love it, because it's uneven you can use it around all four sides without needing a corner punch to match up the ends.   Sentiment cut with stars Nesties then just added some flowers and sparkly brads to finish.  The apples were just cut out from the DP and I added bit of Sakura stardust pen to the edges and also  to the centre of the flowers.

Stash:

  • Stamps: Hanglar from kit they are currently selling on Ebay UK to uk buyers only. Sentiment from Hero arts set.

  • Colouring: Copics

  • Paper: scraps, think it's DCWV 'sweet' stack plus some pink, green & yellow cardstock

  • Tools: lots of border punches, both EK & Martha stewart, star nesties, 'Argyle' cuttlebug embossing folder

  • Others: white gel pen for doodling, white inkpad for the embossing, prima flowers, glitter brads, stardust sakura clear pen for sparkly hightlights

    Well, think that's me for another week.  I've got some new Magnolias and LOTV on order so am looking forward to those coming and have also got some yummy paper pads I couldn't resist too.  Now I just need to find some time to use all this stuff!  Until next time,


  • 7 comments:

    Riet said...

    What a gorgeous cards Frances,i love your images and papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Andy said...

    The girl is beautiful Fran, I like the colors and papers ... like spring. Lg Andy

    Rach said...

    fabulous Fran, love the zingy colour scheme you have used.That hanglar is my favourite .. she is adorable.x

    Deb said...

    gorgeous card Fran, she is such a sweetie, waiting for mine to arrive, love those pretty papers too, hugs debx

    CraftinGranny said...

    Great card Fran! I think your coloring is fantastic.....
    "Hugs" Granny

    Andrea, said...

    Fab card Fran, I love the bright zingy colours just perfect for the weather at the moment. I'm hoping my new Magnolias will arrive very soon as well

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is gorgeous Fran, love those ice cream colours and adorable image.
    luv
    Debby

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin