Saturday, 13 March 2010

WoJ release day ~ spring/Easter Norma Fickel collection

It's release day today for these gorgeous spring/easter stamps by Norma Fickel

I've used 'Mother & Child' for my card today which I thought was very appropriate seeing as it's Mother's day tomorrow in the UK.  However, this sweet image can be used for lots of occasions I think.  The sentiment is from a Basic Grey mini stamp set (from their Delta range)

I've embossed the yellow cardbase with my Scor-pal to give it a quilted look and then just doodled over the lines with a white & orange pens.  Papers are from DCWV 'citrus stack' again (notice how I seem to make couple of cards with the same paper? it's the only way I use up big bits of scraps from previous cards - if I don't use them soonish they just pile up in a stack and then gets so out of hand I just need to chuck it out .. I have a pile nearing that stage, just staring at me now :o)  Everything else my normal M.O - Copics, lots of MS punches, star nesties, flowers & stickles.

Here's a closer shot of the image

and I've used this cute circular stamp on the inside . .
this isn't for sale on the WoJ site but is a free gift when you spend over certain amount - €50 I think

Well, that's all from me this week I think, so have a lovely weekend and a lovely mothers day for all you mums out there ... as L'oreal says .. 'cos you're worth it' ;).


5 comments:

Flowers said...

I love seeing how illustrators use their own set! And I love seeing such out of the ordinary ideas! Love this

Kathy said...

Adorable card Fran!!! I love these new images and now I wish I would have ordered 1 more stamp to get that one from the inside!! So cute!! Love your colors and your coloring is just fabulous!
Sorry to tempt you with Tilda! I know I haven't made cards with them in forever and now that is all I want to use!!! haha
Have a great week-end and thanks so much for your nice wishes for hubby!
:)Kathy

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Fran, love the new stamp and pretty papers!
Clairexx

Juls said...

wow this is just adorable!!!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Tasha said...

Wow this is so beautiful, what fabulous mix of papers and colours, i love the layout and your colourwork
love tasha xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin