Tuesday, 16 March 2010

MFT Pure Innocence ~ ". . .Whee!"

Oooooo look what Silly Monkey have in stock now, yup the ultra cute Pure Innocence stamp range by MFT (My Favourite Things). 

I just fell in love with this cutie pie when I first came across her a few weeks ago on some of the US blogs but Bryony has them in stock in the UK now, so you don't have to wait for them to cross the pond like I did! (I know how impatient we can get whilst waiting for our goodies heehee).  I also know these have been flying off the shelf  in the states, so you'd best be quick.

I love all the sentiments that comes with each set and in particular this one- "start the day with 'whee!'" just puts a smile on my face just saying it :)  so had to use her straight away & make an Easel calender card for myself.  I just forgot how difficult it is to try and get a decent photo of it all!

The peachy paper behind her actually has cloud pattern on it which I thought was perfect for this but I've pretty much covered it all by the time I'd finished it all, D'oh!  I paper pierced her little dress (I think this range is fabulous for paper piercing - another reason why I prefer ink & stamps over printed digis.  I know you could print onto DP too but would be too much phaffing for my liking)  I just doodled a wooden board around the sentiment and sponged it to look a bit weathered and then stamped out the tree bit again and cut out to use as tufts of grass either side of the calender but not sure if I've managed to include that in the photo.  Think you can just about see the one on the right!

Anyway, shall leave you with a couple more shots of my card.  You'll be seeing a few more of this girlie on this blog that's for sure.


one with the card close flat just so you get to see a bit more of the fab DP (it's acutally more peachy pinks & creams and not as yellow in real life)

Stash:

  • Stamps: ' start the day with whee' Pure Innocence by MFT 

  • Colouring: Copics and paperpierced her dress

  • Paper: Cosmo Cricket 'Nutmeg' mini deck

  • Tools: Blossom Nestie, MS fence border punch, butterfly punch

  • Others: Brads, flatbacked pearls, calender

  • Thanks for dropping by. Hope to see you Thursday for my CCT card.

    7 comments:

    MichelleO said...

    Oh Fran this is so cute, I haven't seen these before... really adorable- love yours!
    HUGS
    MichelleO

    Alice Wertz said...

    super cute card, Fran! i love pure innocence, too! love the paper piecing you did!

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is adorable Fran, love the sentiment.
    luv
    Debby

    Andrea said...

    She is very sweet, and I love the sentiment too - may have to take a look at these for myself!
    The way you have built up the picture is fabulous, and I love your idea of making this one into a calendar, and something for yourself - don't know about you, but I just don't make enough stuff to keep for myself!
    Love, Andrea xx

    Juls said...

    this is just brilliant!!!! Love everything about it!! Hugs Juls

    Tasha said...

    Fran this calendar is so cute, love the colours and the image is super cute!
    love tasha xx

    Kim said...

    Fran this is so adorable! What a fun use of an easel card! Love it hun!
    Hugs~ Kim

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin