Thursday, 25 March 2010

CCT dimensions ~ A+


Hello, hope you're all having a good week so far.  It's CCT time again and this week we want to see 'dimensions' so I've gone with good old decoupage which looks great in the flesh but not very obvious in photos.  I've used another cute PI stamp (available here and I know there will be more new ones in stock soon - can't wait!)  She's been stamped out 4 times and then cut out various bits before layering her up with foam pads. (see photos below for better view of the layering & depth).

The apple shaped cardbase was just hand drawn by me and cut out by hand, then covered in DP and added a little green stalk on top  (it should really be higher but it needs to be at that level so that it'll fit in a 6x6 envelope!)  It opens up so it's hinged at the top, either side of the stalk.

Here are some shots from the side to show you the layers.  Don't you love that ruler button?! I knew they'd come in handy some day.  That and couple of gold star brads was all the embellishments I thought it needed.



Stash:
  • Stamps: 'you make the grade' - Pure Innocence for MFT  The A+ is a separate stamp, so could be left out for your own message on the board 
  • Colouring: Copics (not often I use '100 black' colour but it's fab for blackboard - I intentionally kept it streaky when colouring so it looks like the chalky streaks left on a real blackboard ;D)
  • Paper: Cosmo Cricket 'boyfriend' mini deck - I think the name of this pad is misleading as the patterns in it are fab for school themed cards
  • Tools: good old scissors, scallop/circle punch and fiskars border punch, EK spiral edge punch
  • Others: ruler button, gold star brads, lots of foam pads, faux stitching with tracing wheel & black fineliner pen

    Well I hope  you like it.  Hubby did, although he then said she looked like me . .hmmm big slaphead & beady eyes?! LOL although if I showed you old school photo of me you'd probably agree :D

    I've got 1 more card to show you but will leave that for later tonight or tomorrow after I've taken photos etc. Thanks for visiting.

  • 7 comments:

    Andy said...

    I like the 3D effect, this girl ist beautiful coloured, fab work Fran. LG Andy

    Juls said...

    so brilliant!! Love the colours, the shape of the card and all the dimension you have created! Hugs Juls

    debby4000 said...

    Oh Fran what a wonderful apple shaped card, adorable image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    Leann said...

    I love this Fran - I'm been trying soooooooo hard to resist these stamps, but can feel my resistance slipping...
    I have some of those li'l rule buttons too, but can't bring myself to use them - too cute!

    Hugs x

    Oh and you're not cursed in any way - it's only when both are switched on!

    nessy said...

    oh fabby card ~ what a sweet little girly (sure you didn`t look anything like that!!) ~as always with your cards a little bit of fun!! perfect fran
    vanessa xx

    HazelQ said...

    Lovely card Fran, that button looks really cute :) I love those papers.
    Hugs
    Hazel

    Joanne B. said...

    Look at all that gorgeous detail! I totally love your color combination!

    Congratulations, your card is being featured today on the MFT Blog as one of Our Favorite Finds!

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin