Thursday, 18 March 2010

CCT ~'Bee Happy!'

CCT theme this week is 'Anniversaries' as it's Caz's 21st wedding anniversary today and she is very generously hosting this week's prizes too.  So be sure to hop on over for all the deets and wish her a happy anniversary (but not before you've finished here!)

I've used another of the sweet images from WoJ's latest release as I thought they were perfect for ananniversary card (seems Katharina had the same idea too ;) ).  Gave my Copics a rest and watercoloured them with a mixture of distress inks (my yummy new colours finally arrived) and twinkling H2Os.  Also used the fab sketch over on Friday Sketchers.

I made the mistake of colouring in my image and then cutting it out with a nestie shape which I then didn't like at all but didn't want to recolour another one.  So I salvaged it by cutting out the cute couple and making them 3D on another one I stamped out.  The background is mixture of spritzing on glimmer mists and randomly swishing some distress colours - I loved how it turned out (and as with all my experiments, doubt I can repeat!)  Here's a close up to show how lovely it shimmers when the light catches it all.
Stash:
  • Stamps: 'Mr & Mrs foxglove' WoJ
  • Colouring: Watercoloured with distress inkpads & twinkling H2Os
  • Paper: MME 'Bohemia' I think
  • Tools: MS around the page punch set 'Irongate' I think it's called (love this one), branch & Frond punches, hydrangea border punch (just about see it down the middle behind main image)
  • Others: Flowers including the lovely little pink ones from Wild Orchids, ribbon, pearls

    That's all from me for now, so have a lovely Thursday.  I'm umming & ahhing whether to get the Magnolia spring kit (think last chance today) or the fab new CC Swiss pixie kit.  I'm leaning towards the pixies but then what if the Magnolias a good one?!  Nightmare for someone as indecisive as me (I really shouldn't get either but can't see that happening - it's a miracle I'm not getting both LOL) . . hmmm. . .

     
  • 11 comments:

    Alice Wertz said...

    yummy yummy coloring, Fran! so beautiful!! i love this!! =)

    Andy said...

    Lovely colors Fran, a beautiful card. LG Andy

    Dunja said...

    The card is sooooo cute Fran, i love it. Next week i will get the stamps too... they are so great and your card is so lovely colored.


    Hugs Dunja

    Tasha said...

    Gosh Fran this is so beautiful. Your colourwork is fabulous and i love the beautiful papers
    love tasha xx

    Juls said...

    gorgeous!! Love the soft colours and the twinkle on your card, so sweet and romantic! Love it!! Hugs Juls

    Deb said...

    such a beautiful card Fran, so love all the glimmer misting and the background is amazing! hugs Debx

    Irene said...

    What a gorgeous card, I love the glimmer misting and papers.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    Christine said...

    Wow, this is beautiful. I saw it on cct and had to come see how you made the background. Just beautiful!!! I love how you mixed the twinkling h20s as well. I've never done that but now I will. Love how it turned out!!!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    Julie said...

    FAbulous! Gorgeous colouring and your background spritzing is so pretty. Love all the elements you've used - great image, fab punches, all round perfect!! Juliexx

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is fantastic, just love the cute image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    Marion said...

    Stunning card. Beautiful colours and I just love that image. Gorgeous background framing the image.
    Marion

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin