Tuesday, 23 February 2010

crochet bear

No card today, so thought I'd show you the tiny little crochet teddy I managed to finish.  he's been slowly building up and sitting in bits on my desk for the last month like this . . .

So after hubby 'commented' :/ on his long standing presence on my desk I finally put him together.  He probably looks bigger in the photo as I've not referenced him against anything but he fits in the palm of my hand (and I've got small hands!) so probably only couple of inches high when sitting.  His limbs move too :)

Actually not as cute as I thought he'd be (he looks nothing like the photo that came with pattern!) but he's growing on me and I made him, so that makes him that little bit cuter!  If  you're wondering where I got the pattern from - He's called 'Logan' and I got it off Etsy - just type in 'crochet thread bear' and you should find him (and also laugh at how mine looks nothing as cute as the one shown!)

Thank you for the get well wishes - I'm much less drippy now and almost back to normal (as normal as I can be!)  Should be back with a card Thursday if not tomorrow too.

Have a good evening - it's very cold here.  Tried to snow earlier but didn't last long.

 

9 comments:

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Frances,what a beautiful bear,i love the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Alice Wertz said...

wow! super cute bear, Fran!!! you are so talented!! love it!!

Diane.W. said...

Aww he's soo cute!!! You & your sister are very clever :o)x

Hope you are feeling better x

Lilacanglia said...

He is wonderful,
Hugs
Angie

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Fran a totally stunning bear, and crocheted too, not seen one crocheted before, only knitted. He is adorable. Loving all the cards you've made too since my last visit they are all as stunning as ever. Have a lovely week hugs Linda x

craft_princess said...

AWWWWWWWW, he is perfect!! So so so cute!!!

Carole said...

He's totally adorable Fran...I absolutely love him.
Must go and search for a Logan pattern now!
Hope you feel better soon!
Hugs
Carole x

Samantha said...

Hi ya I was give a link to your blog by my friend Helen of helenscrafthaven.blogspot.com
as I am learning to crochet and she wanted to show me your BRILLIANT work! and I am soooooo pleased she pointed out your blog! its awesome!! I will diffidently be spending some time here!! thanks for the inspiration! hugs Samantha :0)

Samantha said...

PS!!! BRilliant bear hes soooooo cute! love him soooo much! theheee cute little chap! :0)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin