Thursday, 18 February 2010

CCT metal mania:'woo hoo'

As I was making this card for my neice I thought I may as well use it for my CCT card which this week is 'metal mania'.  So for mine I have added sparkly metal brads to the centre of the 2 wheels and the 3 metal/gem brads in the corner to look like traffic lights.
This card looks sooo much better in the flesh - I had so much trouble trying to get the colours to look right that I gave up!  I have decoupaged the image too which I'm hoping you can see better in the photo below.  Notice the bodywork on the car - it's glittery and I've also glossy accented the windscreen :)
Stash:


  • Stamps: High Hopes, SU sentiment circle, 'woohoo' part of Greeting farm set. (torn 'L' plate' drawn by me)

  • Colouring:: Copics then twinkling H2O over the car

  • Paper: Cosmo Cricket 'the boyfriend' mini deck (oooo have you seen some of the new pads?!  I soooo want to get 'material girl' but so don't need anymore paper - I must be strong and resist :/)

  • Tools: MS looped hearts border punch - really is becoming 1 of my faves (and have you seen some of the new ones due out next month?! - best start saving my pennies, there's a fab butterfly one and leafy branch one amongst others), petite scallop oval nesties, EK spiral punch 

  • Others: 2 glittered silver brads, 3 coloured gem/metal brads, ribbon, glossy accent for the car windscreen and door handle plus lots of 3d foam for the decoupaged image

    As always, thanks for dropping by and have a good day!


     
  • 9 comments:

    Diane.W. said...

    Congratulations to your niece Fran!!!
    Fab card,luv all the details,so sweet :o)x

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful glittery image and love the traffic lights.
    luv
    Debby

    CraftyC said...

    Love it Fran, what a great card and sorry to make you jealous, but I got delivery of " Material girl Papers" today, they look lush lol!
    Clairexx

    CraftyC said...

    ROFL - Think I'm going t have to use them now Fran. I usually stroke new papers for a few weeks. Hope your cold dont turn out to be any worse than mine. I call it a heavy head cold but to any male it would of course be man flu. We can share the kleenex if you want!!!!
    Clairexxx

    Riet said...

    What a beautiful card Frances,i love your image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Deb said...

    fantastic card, so love the image so perfect for passing a driving test! hugs debx

    Kim Yu said...

    Darling card, Fran! I love all those glitters! Beautiful job!

    Viv said...

    Fantastic card Fran! totally ingenius and cleverly embellished.
    It's brilliant.
    Viv xx

    Annie said...

    love that car Fran! and a great card for your Neice!
    hugs, annie x

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin