Thursday, 11 February 2010

CCT: 'love'

As it's Valentine's this Sunday it'll be no surprise as to what CCT's theme is this week - 'in the name of love' although it doesn't have to be a valentine card just with a love theme.

Well, I made a Valentine's card for hubby so kept the flowers and frills off and used twill ribbon and metal brads instead (my 'go to' for embellishing 'men cards'!). Although couldn't resist adding some gems and sparkle - he won't mind!  Also got to use my new cuttlebug embossing folder - thought it was about time I actually had a heart one in my collection and I love this new one, it's called 'kimmy's luv'.
As usual my photo fails to show how 3D & sparkly this is as both the cute couple and the little 'love' heart are raised up with foam pads and his tie, her shoes and dress trim have been stickled for sparkle - probably see that better if you click on photo for closer view.

Stash:
  • Stamps: Emma & Trevor from CC Designs' limited spring kit (will be released as individual stamps later - Silly Monkey's will have them, not sure of date yet though). The fab little sentiment and 'love heart' are from BG mini stamp set from their new delta range. ( HAD to get some as they have this fab curly font which I love - got the Happy birthday one too which is great as I keep seeing Melissa Frances rub ons with this font which I adore but can never seem to get hold of).
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: BG 'Sugar rush' & some kraft card
  • Tools: just scissors - normal & pair of decorative scallop ones to cut out my hand drawn heart in the background (never did get round to buying the heart nesties - will do eventually but always something else I'd rather get!), 'Kimmy luvs' heart cuttlebug embossing folder on the back which has also been swiped with versamark dazzle pad and heat embossed with mixture of clear & grey embossing powder for a mottled look.
  • Others: twill ribbon, metal brads, round & heart gems

    Well, did anyone succomb to any of the Martha stewart goodies on yesterday's QVC craft shows? I would have been tempted by the TSV if I didn't already have some of the punches in the sets - it was a good price. . . So I was good and didn't spend until I made mistake of 'browsing' online and stumbled across a couple of new release I HAD to have LOL . . this internet shopping malarky is just waaay toooo dangerous & easy >.<

    On that note, I'm off to go make good use of all these things I 'had to have' at stome stage or another, you'd best go do the same with yours!  As always, thanks for dropping by else I'd be typing to myself :).



  • 6 comments:

    debby4000 said...

    Wonderful sweet card, beautiful colours and adorable couple.
    luv
    Debby

    Riet said...

    What a gorgeous card Frances,i love your image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    CraftyC said...

    Yopur card is so sweet Fran, enjoy the new punches!
    Clairex

    Alice Wertz said...

    this is so sweet, Fran! love it!

    Saskia said...

    sweet card, beautiful colours ........ i love it

    Annie said...

    such a darling card Fran and I love the big heart!
    hugs, annie x

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin