Sunday, 31 January 2010

WoJ preview 2: 'You are amazing'

Here's another preview of the 'City Girl' collection. When I saw these 2 images for the very first time, I knew straight away that I wanted to use them together. Oakley just looks like he's looking at Willow with such love and I'm not surprised . . 'what a babe' (hubby's words!) Willow is, all decked out in her finest.

So in keeping with this romantic theme I've gone for a very soft colour palette and watercoloured them with distress inks and twinkling H2Os. (note to self - use other watercolour paper - this one causes too much 'bleeding' and poor Oakley's hair is a mess!) 

Talking of distress inks and romance, have you seen the 12 new shades of distress inks?!  they look yummy and a much 'needed' addition . . Well, hubby's got them for me for valentines - how lucky am I?!  I think he's a keeper ;).  Anyway, back to my card - I've just stamped the 2 images next to each other and then I've doodled a wall, carpet and door around them so it looks like they are just getting ready to go out!  The sentiment is also a WoJ stamp.  Here's a close up of the cute couple

Stash:


  • Stamps:  Willow & Oakley are from 'City Girl' release from WoJ available 4th Feb, Sentiment also WoJ

  • Colouring: stamped with Versafine ink onto watercolour paper and watercoloured with distress inks & twinkling H2Os for a bit of shimmer - click on photo for close up to see better

  • Paper: DCWV 'la creme' matstack

  • Tools: distresser tool for edges of image, tracing wheel for the faux stitching holes, MS heart & border punches, scallop circle punch

  • Others: black gems and waterproof black fineliner pen for doodling the background scene

    Well, thanks for stopping by and have a lovely evening.
     
  • 8 comments:

    Juls said...

    wow wow wow!!!! This is stunning!! Love the whole scene you have created!!! gorgeous colours too! Hugs Juls

    gina g said...

    Wow Gorgeous card love the colours you've used and i cant wait for these to be released. luv gina xx

    Kim said...

    Fran this is absolutely STUNNING Girl! love your scene you created...it does look like they are getting ready for a night out on the town! So elegant and beautiful!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    CraftyC said...

    Gorgeous card Fran, love the scene and these are fab stamps!
    Clairex

    Alice Wertz said...

    wow! you are so clever to put those two images together, Fran!! gorgeous card!

    Jane said...

    I LOVE this Fran!!!! your doodled background is amazing and I love all the gorgeous details, hugs, Jane xxx

    Renkata said...

    So beautiful.
    I love the lay out of the card. Very chic.

    Kathy said...

    I just love this Fran!!! He looks like he is saying "Whose that babe?" haha I didn't notice that look on his face til I seen this card!! haha
    Love the colors and your details are fabulous!!
    :)Kathy

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin