Tuesday, 5 January 2010

WoJ 'Happy Mail' preview: 'escape'

Brrrrr, it's been a cold week so far hasn't it?! Hope you're all keeping warm. Just a quick post today to show you the first of eight new stamps from the 'Happy Mail' collection by Alison Acton. They will be released over on WoJ this Sat 9th Jan.


I love this new release as there are some fab images all around the 'happy mail' theme which makes them so versatile for lots of different occasions. I was going to use 'Happy Bird-day' for this image but then I was flicking through my papers and so this sheet with 'fly free' & 'escape' which I thought was perfect for it. So I just based my card around that and the layout sort of just fell into place.

Stash:
  • Stamps: not sure of proper name yet, but this Charlotte will be in the 'Happy Mail' release on 9th Jan
  • Colouring: Copics, bit of Sakura stardust pens on the birdcage and her belt etc but the sparkle not showing in photos
  • Paper: WRM 'Tiffanys' scrapbook pad - bargain from QVC I got last year but only just breaking into now (tend to do that with lots of my papers & stamps . . collect them then they just sit there a while :0)
  • Tools: MS around the page 'loopy' set, distresser tool and my tracing wheel/pens for adding faux stitching

    I'll be making and showing more images from this collection all this week so I hope you'll be popping back and also visiting the rest of the DT for their sneek peeks. Sorry for the lack of comments but it doesn't mean I haven't been to visit my regular blogs, I've just been lurking in the background ;) hope you understand! Right, hubby is being a star and taking me to hobbycraft today to spend my christmas vouchers he got me :D . . luckily we've not had much snow so travelling conditions should be o.k . . but I've just looked out the window and it's getting slightly heavier so best go before he changes his mind/gets too bad!
    Have a good day.
  • EDITED: . . . I take that back! Thought it wasn't heavy snow, so we headed to liverpool for a 'quick' shop only to end up taking us nearly 5 hours to do our usual 30min back home as it was a proper snowfall - typical!




    5 comments:

    Andrea, said...

    Gorgeous card Fran, this is such a pretty image and I love the papers. I hope you managed to get to Hobbycraft ok, we haven't ventured out in the car today, too much snow!

    Riet said...

    What a gorgeous card Frances,i love your image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is gorgeous, look forward to the others too.
    luv
    Debby

    Juls said...

    just stunning!! Love the gorgeous bright colours anf the collage feel you have created! such a work of art! Hugs Juls

    Carole said...

    Really sweet card Fran...sorry to hear about your five hour trip :-( Hope you got what you wanted though!
    Hugs
    Carole x

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin