Monday, 18 January 2010

Weekend dabble . . beading

Hello! Hope you all had a good weekend. I haven't got a card to show you today as I wasn't in the mood plus I tried something new over the weekend. Got a little beading kit whilst I was in Hobbycraft last thursday and gave it a go. It was fiddly but fun. The diagram/pattern looked really complicated at first but once I got going it was quite easy - just like sewing really. Here's my very first beaded bracelet . .
Think I may have found something else to get into . . . .uh-oh :o
Thanks for stopping by, hopefully will be back soon with a card, especially as I've had lots of goodies arriving :)

10 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my goodness Fran that is AMAZING what a beauty!!!! You are a pro!!! Can't wait to see what other jewelry you make!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Kim Y. said...

What a beautiful bracelet, Fran! I always wanted to make one but it's so complicated to me. Thanks for sharing!

Merry said...

Oh wow...this is stunning.

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Fran,what beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Wow what a work of art. I love cardmaking but also I dabble in a bit of jewellery making and I have to say it could become addictive. Love the colours. Sara B

craft_princess said...

So lovely! Looks gorgeous and I bet it took a long time to make!

Jean said...

Well, Fran, that bracelet is absolutely lovely, and inspires me to try something different! I have wanted to work with beads before - now I am gonna have to try it.

Hugs, Jean

Andrea said...

Your bracelet is stunning - you are so talented at everything you try!
Love, Andrea xx

Sam said...

Gorgeous bracelet Fran. Beware beading can be very addictive and very time consuming... I love to bead but don't seem to find the time these days, especially since I discovered patchwork and quilting LOL, if only I didn't have to work ;-)

Jacilynn said...

This is amazing. I'm pretty sure I couldn't figure that out!!! gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin