Tuesday, 26 January 2010

My first bag charms



So, as promised, here are photos of the first bag charm dangles I made using the fimo beads I made last week plus some other beads and bits from my little stash of jewellery findings I have now collected :). 


The black and pink one is bigger and the images on the black fimo bead was made by stamping into it - the skull was from a Greeting farm set and the floral pattern was from a lace stamp by Hero arts.  Once baked, I just buffed it up with a bit of metallic acrylic paint.


The little cupcakes and ice cream one is a lot smaller.  I turned the green midget gem bead into an ice cream sundae by adding some flower cup beads below it for the glass and a red bead on top for a cherry!

I just need more practice with the pliers and making loops with the wire but it is very addictive not to mention  so much gorgeous sparkly and glittery beads out there - almost as appealing as stamps and paper pads :o

I gave these to my sister for her birthday at the weekend and I think she liked them!  My niece now wants me to make some mini sushi beads and make a bracelet for her as she loves her Sushi.  I've seen some fantastic ones on etsy so will have a play and see what I can come up with.

I haven't been neglecting my cardmaking but will save that for tomorrow's post.

Thanks for dropping by.

4 comments:

JulyeB said...

Wow these look such fun, I have a load of fimo hubby bought me to make some character pieces for a game we have but there's loads left, I might have to get some wire bits and have a play next time I get to a craft shop thanks for sharing Julye

Lilacanglia said...

Both of these are wonderful,
I love them both, but prefer the pink and black one,
wonderful
Hugs
Angie

Tracy said...

These bag charms are so fantastic, my 11 year old daughter would be the envy of all her mates with them on her bag. You should be selling them!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kim said...

These are toooooo cute! WONDERFUL work hun! Fabulous! Wish I was that good at beading! It's amazing how you made those out of clay!
Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin