Saturday, 23 January 2010

Fri Sketcher: Mini WoJ Calender



Hello!  I've been meaning to make a mini desk calender using an 'easel fold' card for ages and finally got around to it as we head towards the end of January!  ( Luckily those little calender inserts were only 10p or so as I've still got 5 more waiting to be used LOL )

I used the sketch over on Friday Sketchers along with this lovely WoJ image which was from the winter '09 set of release but works all year round.  I've watercoloured with distress inks and twinkling H2Os and gone for a more vintagey look by using some papers from Basic Grey 'Nook & Pantry'.  The little calender slips out so can be replaced with another or just left as is.

I'll leave you with a closer look of the image which shows the shimmer of the H2)s better



Stash:
  • Stamps: 'willow reading a story' - WoJ winter '09 release.  'home sweet home' - RAM stampavie
  • Colouring: stamped with Versafine onto watercolouring paper, watercoloured with distress ink pads and twinkling H2Os
  • Paper:BG ' Nook & Pantry'
  • Tools: Petite scallop Oval Nesties, MS around the page lace punch (can't remember exact name), distresser tool, tracing wheel for faux stitch holes, MS 'frond' leaf punch
  • Others: brown & white gel pen for faux stitching, brads, paper roses, brown pearl gems, heart pins made from my little bead stash using heart beads and couple of eye pins



  • ************************************************************************
    Talking of Jewellery, I think I may have got bitten by that bug now too and also making my own beads/decorations.  Saw some cute polumer clay beads whilst browsing bead shops the other day - including some fun retro sweets  like love hearts etc so I thought it would be fun to try and make my own (used to love plasticine as a kid!)  Sooo, I bought couple of Fimo clay bars and had my first play the other night.  Here's a quick peek at my first batch of homemade beads, straight out of the oven!



    They still look a little rough and the sizing/colours isn't quite right yet but it's great fun!   Exactly like playing with plasticine then just popping into oven to harden.  Do you like my flumps, iced gem, fried egg & mini cupcakes?  My fave is my little burger, think I just need to make it slightly bigger next time.   I've already made my first little bag charm with the black skull pendant so will show that once I've taken a shot of it.  The little love heart sweets were actually moulded from the real things . .  all thanks to some very old mould making stuff  I had from years ago.  My mind is whirling of all sorts of things I can make and turn into mini phone charms, earrings, bracelets etc so you may find my blog really is  about 'Cards & THINGS' . .  :) 



    5 comments:

    Lilacanglia said...

    Gorgeous calendar,
    lovely little beads,
    Have a super weekend,
    hugs
    Angie

    Viv said...

    Love this sweet calendar Fran! What a simpole but very effective way of creating one! You clever girl you.
    Luv Viv xx

    Andrea said...

    A gorgeous calendar, and the beads look fabulous!
    Love, Andrea xx

    Tanja said...

    Fantastic calendar! Love the colours!

    Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers this week!

    Have a great day, Hugs Tanja

    stardustgemsandribbon said...

    Great calendar Fran...and what a beautiful bead collection you have!
    Thanks for joining us at FS.
    Hugs
    Carole x

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin