Thursday, 14 January 2010

CCT ~ pink & grey: 'Love letter'

Morning! CCT challenge this week is a colour combo 'pink & grey'.

So I rifled through my papers and came across this Bo Bunny sheet which to be fair is more black & pink but hey, black's just a dark shade of grey surely?! well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Anyway, I've coloured the image with lots of greys and I've added 'gunmetal' grey embossing powder around the edges of the paper and the little heart seal is done using silver wax so there is lots of grey in there.

I seem to end up doing collagy type cards when left to my own devices so not much structure to this card - just kinda let it flow. Apart from the embossing around the edges, have also attacked it with my distresser tool, stamped some script onto the paper to tie in with the letter theme, then just added few gems, string and hearts.

As the base card is dark grey, I've decorated the inside too - very basic, just used reverse side of the DP and a little scroll stamp on the other side . .


Stash:
  • Stamps: 'Charlotte on carpet' & 'love letter' sentiment are WoJ. The heart, script and the scroll on the inside are Magnolis stamps
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: Bo Bunny, not sure of name plus some pink & dark grey cardstock
  • Tools: distresser tool, heat gun, heart seal stamp
  • Others: embossing powder, wax, string, gems

    Be sure to stop on over to CCT for more inspiration from the other DTs, not to mention there's sure to be a fab candy prize on offer if you enter (as there is every week).
  • I've got another post below this one - I know, very unlike me to get 2 cards made in a day, no doubt it just means I'll not be able to come up with anything for a few days! Anyway, I'm hoping to get to Hobbycraft today after last week's aborted trip and debacle in the snow. It snowed a little yesterday I'm just hoping that was the last of it - fingers crossed.

    Thanks for dropping by, have a good day!

    7 comments:

    Andrea, said...

    Fab card Fran, love the papers and image. Enjoy your trip to Hobbycraft

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is fabulous, loving those new stamps.
    I hope you get to hobbycraft, I'm waiting for some parcels but I think the Postmen are making cards with my stuff to give themselves something to do while they wait for the snow to melt!!!
    luv
    Debby

    Annie said...

    Hi Fran, gorgeous card and love the vintage look.
    hugs, annie x

    Riet said...

    What a gorgeous card Frances,i love your image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Juls said...

    so so so gorgeous!!! Just love everything about this card!! Hugs Juls

    Scrapadinne said...

    I love this card. It's gorgeous!

    Hugs
    /Evelina

    Katarina said...

    Fab colours

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin