Thursday, 28 January 2010

CCT: Bloomin' 'fairy sweet'


CCT theme this week is 'Bloomin gorgeous' and is sponsored by Wild Orchid cafts (which is where I go for my paper flowers. Love the choice and the price).  I've used another of my uninked pile of rubba, this time a gorgeous fairy from LOTV.  Adore the style of these drawings and have just got some of the new ones too to add to my uninked pile!

I've used the sketch over on Sketch and stash and have used a fab fairy sentiment stamp from WoJ then just chucked loads of flowers onto it and also lots of sparkle both on the flowers and the image - can't have a fairy who doesn't shimmer now, can we?!

Here's a close up of the fairy so hopefully you can see how she sparkles a bit better

and here's a side view to show you how dimensional the card is - just need to make an envelope to fit it now!



Stash:


  • Stamps: Fairy from Lili of the Valley, sentiment from Whiff of Joy

  • Colouring: Copics plus Sakura stardust pens watercoloured on in places to give her shimmery wings, and skirt.

  • Paper: MME 'pretty please' pad - free from a mag think it was 'cardmaking & papercaft'

  • Tools: blossom nestie die, punches - MS butterfly, 'frond' and 'branch', various border ones, EK flourish

  • Others: paper flowers - wild orchid crafts (large one is 'gardenia' in mint green which I have spritzed with 'sunflower' glimmer mist, the small ones are aster daisies), gems and brad, stickles

    I'll be back with another post later tonight for a WoJ sneek peek :) hope to see you then if not, have a great day.

     
  • 4 comments:

    Stampingcaz said...

    beaituful Fran. I just got 10 Lotv stamps today :) This was one of them.

    Cazx

    debby4000 said...

    Oh adorable card, love that sweet fairy. I've got some new ones too.
    Now I'm drooling over the new WOJ ones. It's a good job Baked Beans is full of the nutrients you need in a healthy diet!!!!!!!!!
    luv
    Debby

    Juls said...

    stunning!!! Love the image! and the fab funky colours you have used!! Hugs Juls

    Deb said...

    such a sweet image, gorgeous card, hugs Debx

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin