Thursday, 7 January 2010

CCT~ all new : 'Happy mail' folder card

CCT theme this week is 'all new', so you can use all your new stash you got over Christmas or stash that's new but you've not yet used or it can be a new theme.


I opted for the new stash and used more of my new WOJ stamps from the forthcoming 'happy mail' release plus my new MS around the page punch set (used on the green cardstock). ( Got my eye on the lattice heart punch next!) I've made a little folder type card (variation on the memo holder tutorial I did on the WoJ blog) Sorry for the washed out photo but when I tried to tweak it the colours looked too deep, so left it as is.

This is the inside, which has a half inch thick pocket for small present/trinkets (or in my case, a little rubber candy which I shall be giving away very soon . . so stay tuned).
And here is a closer shot of the cute Charlotte stamp I have used. The sentiment is part of another new stamp, so the envelope she is holding comes blank and you can put whatever message you like on it. Isn't she a cutie?!

Stash:
  • Stamps: Charlotte holding letter, sentiments ~ WoJ released 9th Jan, the post marks, pen nibs around her are from a cube stamp I've had for years so not sure of make, could be a Judikins
  • Colouring: Copics, distress inks sponged around outer edges of image after stamping the post marks etc
  • Paper: scraps of MME traditional Xmas pad but think they work for non xmas too
  • Tools: MS around the page punch set 'double loop' I think but not sure of name, the little stamp punch is woodware I think, have just coloured the edges with white galaxy marker to make it look more like a stamp
  • Others: ribbon

    Well, it looks like pretty much all of the UK is getting a proper cold winter then, it's been a while! I do love seeing all the trees and fields covered in a blanket of snow, just not so much the sludge and icy patches left on the roads afterwards! I shall be enjoying the view in the warmth & comfort of home me thinks and catch up on some more DT cards.
  • I hope you're all keeping warm and if you are venturing out, stay safe!

    6 comments:

    Rach said...

    a wonderful card Fran, love the colours that you have used, keep warm.. our snow is slowly melting here.. xx

    Juls said...

    so gorgeous! Love the little stamps you have created they go so perfectly with the image! gorgeous! Hugs Juls

    Andrea, said...

    Oh this is great Fran, I love these new images

    Riet said...

    So beautiful card Fran,i love your image and the papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Deb said...

    gorgeous card, love the sweet image! hugs Debx

    Kim said...

    Fran what an adorable folder card! Amazing work hun!!!! Stay warm hun...it's freezing here on the other side of the pond too!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin