Tuesday, 24 November 2009

WoJ: 'Merry & bright'

Just a simple card from me today. Need some non cute cards for neighbours etc and this gorgeous WoJ Candle is just perfect.



Also great chance for me to play with some of my new Martha stewart punches (yes, I'm addicted and also running out of rail space to hang them. Hmm trip to Ikea soon me thinks). Hardly any decent light today and I suck at trying to take pictures that show dimension/shadows AND the true colours of the card, so here's another shot of it showing the true white that it actually is.

Hope you like it.



Stash:

  • Stamps: Candle - Whiff of Joy, sentiment from CC Designs' Winter kit (think they will be released seperately soon). I've overstamped it 2nd time to give it a shadow effect (but it was really to hide the fact the first impression wasn't straight LOL - worked a treat I think & no doubt if I try to replicate it, I'll fail!)
  • Colouring: Copics, lots of Sakura glaze pens to give it a glossy sheen which can only be seen IRL
  • Paper: none! just strip of red cardstock run through cuttlebug holly embossing folder and the card base with the snowflakes folder
  • Tools: Embossing folders, Martha Stewart holly punch & central image was using the new around the page 'topiary set'
  • Others: stickles on the flame and red flat backed pearls for the holly berries. foam pads to stick the central image on


  • 6 comments:

    Riet said...

    Ohhhhh wowww Fran,what a beautiful,i love the image and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    Jane said...

    I love the simplicity of this it is so beautiful! Very elegant. hugs, Jane xx

    Beth said...

    Such a fabulous card, I love this candle stamp, it would work for so many people

    Love Beth xx

    Viv said...

    LOVE this card Fran. Clean crisp and deceptively simple..(A bit like me).
    Viv xx

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is fab, the white colours makes for an elegant card.
    luv
    Debby

    Polly Pierce said...

    I love this card. Clean and simple at its best...

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin