Sunday, 22 November 2009

WoJ: card & a candy winner

Hello, sorry for the lack of posts this weekend - this card just seemed to take forever to come together & I don't like to start a new card until I've finished the one I'm working on! So what with that, me working weekends and then an hour long powercut in the early hours yesterday/today (even though most people would have been asleep that's when I craft/tinker on the pc being the night owl that I am) I've only just finished it.

so anyway, here it is. Wanted to try a collagy/distressed look with handsome little Oakley from the Winter kit.
I've stamped a WoJ xmas tree to one side and him to the front then masked him and added music sheet behind him (an Magnolia 'silent night' stamp from last year). Then it's all been sponged with distress inks and all the edges have been set upon with my distresser. It's been spritzed with glimmer mist but it doesn't show at all in the photo and the little bauble has diamond glaze and glamour dust over it. After all that, I'm not quite sure I like it but it's done now!

  • Stamps: Oakley & tree - WoJ. Music & the merry christmas seal- Magnolia
  • Colouring: Images coloured with Copics, background sponged with distress inks
  • Paper: MME 'signiture Christmas'
  • Tools:Heidi swapp distresser, mini holly punch
  • Others: ribbon, red half backed pearls, white bellas baubles, white gel pen for faux stitching


    **********************************

  • Right, now for the real reason you popped over. . .

    The winner of my mini WoJ candy - sorry for the delay!

    Random.org isn't working tonight so I've had to randomly pick a winner (very technical - I closed my eyes and scrolled up & down then clicked on a name :D)

    So without further ado, the winner of this little lot is . . . Chrissie

    Congrats! Please email me your snail mail and it's yours!

    That's all for now. Have a lovely evening.

    12 comments:

    Craftyanny said...

    well worth the wait Fran, it's a lovely card!!
    Anne x

    Kym's Crafty Cards said...

    Frances, what a gorgeous card. I love the way you've only used half the tree.

    Congratulations to Chrissie by the way. You are a lucky girl!!!

    Best wishes, Kym xxx

    doris said...

    Frances, what a gorgeous card!!

    Congratulations to the winner!
    Enjoy the profits ...!!


    xox doris

    Shirley N said...

    Fran, that's is a gorgeous card! Love how you did the masking. Love your layout!

    Cherry said...

    What a great card Fran - it's definitely worth the wait. Congrats to Chrissie - enjoy! Hugs Cherry XXX

    Beth said...

    Ooh this is fabulous! I love the distressed look and especially like the stamped music background!

    Love Beth xx

    Chrissie said...

    What a gorgeous card Fran, I just LOVE they way he's centre stage with the tree off to one side, it looks fabulous!
    Can't believe I was lucky enough to win your candy, I'm SO looking forward to getting my hands on all that gorgeousness and using that divine little stamp!

    debby4000 said...

    Fabulous card, love the tree going off the page and brilliant colouring too.
    luv
    Debby

    Andrea said...

    A lovely card - I love the way you have stamped the tree to the side, and then got the music on the background. Distressing looks fab!
    Love, Andrea xx

    Niki Estes said...

    Very cute, Fran! I love the partial tree image behind Oakley!

    Riet said...

    What a beautiful card Fran,i love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    Jane said...

    Wow Fran!! this stunning! I love how you've masked the music sheet behind Oakley and the colours are gorgeous! hugs, Jane xx

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin