Tuesday, 10 November 2009

'Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum'

Another christmas card today (as will most of them be, for the next month I think!). Today's is another WoJ gnome which just makes me think of 'little drummer boy' when I see it and start humming it!

I've also used the new set of christma swirls designed by Sonja around the edge of the image
and had to try out Dawn's fab little tutorial on making your own poinsettia flowers over on the WoJ Inspirations blog. So simple but love the results (I've tweaked mine slightly by drawing in the veins on mine with stardust glitter pen and waterbrushed it out to make it all sparkly). Also, for the centre I've used the end of a metal headpin (just snapped the metal pin off) and glued it down with glossy accent.

Stash:

  • Stamps: 'Wee and drum' - by Norma Fickel, Christmas Swirls by Sonja - both WoJ
  • Colouring: Copics with distress inks sponged around image.
  • Paper: MME signiture christmas and laundry stack
  • Tools: EK Retro flower punches for flower, EK flourish punch, various MS border punches
  • Others: Ribbon, green zoomz, silver liquid pearl and metal headpin - WoJ for centre of flower

    I've finally finished crocheting and sewing together my little moose and will post piccies of it later -need some food first :)

  • 4 comments:

    HazelQ said...

    Gorgeous card Fran, I thought of the same son when I looked at this stamp :P
    Hugs
    Hazel

    Rach said...

    gorgeous card Fran.. love your colouring of the sweet drummer boy.. i have just finished colouring this one tonight.. and i love your mouse come reindeer.. very clever hun.. hugs rachxx

    Kathy said...

    Such a pretty card!! Love the colors that you have used and this image is so cute too!! Now wish I would have thrown that one in but I had to get one cute Twinkle tot as well!! Too bad I can't have them all!!! LOL
    Have a great rest of your week!
    :)Kathy

    Debbie said...

    Gorgeous Card Fran I'm loving these new stamps,Hugs Debbie x

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin