Saturday, 14 November 2009

birthday card & bit more crochet


Have had this LOTV image coloured up for a while now but finally made it into a birthday card as it needs to get to Hong Kong by Thursday ('last minute' is my middle name I think :D). I just adore these images and have just ordered some of the new ones that have just come out even though I've not used most of the first batch yet! Well, they won't go off will they? . . and at £3.50 how could I resist?!

Stash:
  • Stamps: 'little girls story time' - LOTV, sentiments are from a Woodware and Papermania set
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: BG 'nook & pantry'
  • Tools: oval nesties, MS around the page border punch, SU word window punch
  • Others: pink adhesive pearls

  • ****************************

    After my last crochet attempt with my moose which took a while I wanted to go back to doing something quick & simple. Now, I love the little Japanese Momiji dolls (I have a few) and my neice found me this free crochet pattern which reminded me of them, so I had to try!

    I adapted it a bit as I wanted a more accentuated head/body and managed to make the body all in one piece (the patteren has it as 2 seperate bits) which I am well chuffed with as I am complete novice :). Made use of some of my beading things for her hair accesory. It's about the same size as the dolls (3.5" tall) and I think they will look cute when I make a couple more and put them together. I'm going to adjust the hair pattern next time too as it's a bit too big for my liking. What do you think?


    Well, that's all from me until Monday I think. Have a lovely weekend and hope the forecasted UK storms aren't too bad your way.

    6 comments:

    Lilacanglia said...

    Wouldnt I love to be one of those little girls snuggled in that chair,
    its a fabulous card,
    and so nice to see some crochet as well, love that momji doll is fantastic,
    Thanks for sharing the pattern as well,
    Hope you have a great weekend,
    hugs
    Angie

    Chrissie said...

    Love this card Fran, what a gorgeous image (thanks then NOT, now I'll have to pop over and take a look at these stamps LOL)
    I think your crocheted creations are just fabulous, looking forward to seeing the next one!

    CraftyC said...

    Your card is beautiful Fran and I just love the doll. So sweet!!
    Clairex

    Bethel of Bethania said...

    G'day Frances
    I love your Momiji Doll... I think her hair has turned out great too... I must have a look at this pattern & give it a go I think...
    Your card is great too... OOroo... B

    Beth said...

    Such a fabulous card Fran, I love the lacy paper you've used, it goes perfectly with the snuggly image!

    Love Beth xx

    Anonymous said...

    What an adorable card.. love your wonderful coloring and design...
    Hugs
    Judy
    SCS~jaydekay

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin