Tuesday, 27 October 2009

WoJ Sneek peek - New illustrator

For all you Whiff of Joy fans, you are going to be in heaven. Not only will Elisabeth's winter kit be available very soon (I have them here and they are gorgeous as always, that's next on my 'to do list') but we also have a new kid on the block.

Yes, WoJ have a new Illustrator on board - Norma Fickel and her first range will be
available this coming Saturday 31st Oct.
Here's a sneek peek of one of the little cuties.
(click on photo for closer view)

I think they are just so whimsical and cute and very scandinavian in flavour. Reminds me of their tomtes/nisse which is their little elf/gnome folk I think. Anyway, isn't she adorable?! I love her with her chunky legged reindeer :D - had a blast colouring it. I've teamed her with some fresher colours as I wanted a very girly, whimsical card and I couldn't resist adding a shiny red gem on the reindeer's nose :)

I will be working my way through the other 5 designs but if you can't wait then check out the rest of the DT (in my side bar) who are doing the same all this week.

Stash:

  • Stamps: girl with reindeer (not sure of her proper name yet!) - Whiff of Joy, reindeer names stamped around her is an Hero Arts stamp
  • Colouring: Copics, bit of distress inks around edges of image
  • Paper: Bo Bunny 'Tis the season- treasure' paper plus some coloured cardstock in grey and red to match
  • Tools: MS snowflake border punch (part of an 'around the page' combo set), branch punch, Hydrangea punch, EK flourish punch, SU slot punch for the ribbon
  • Others: Ribbon, paper roses, red pearl stones


    ----------------------------

  • Off to mount up my winter kit now, which just landed today, so I can show you some of that next but trying to squeeze in some crochet (found a super cute moose and other stuff too that I want to try and make up as little stocking fillers) plus lots of other stamps I want to use (and building up!) - just not enough time in the day. . . . and the funny thing is, it doesn't stop me finding/seeing lots of new stuff I 'must' have - oh dear, I think it's incurable!

    Thanks for visiting & have a good day!

    4 comments:

    ~ Ali ~ said...

    This is adorable, yip totally agree they remind me of the little cuties from the Panduro magazine. Have fun crocheting.

    CraftyC said...

    Oh no, not more stash to come. Keep telling myself it has to stop (and so does hubby -lol), but I'm a pushover. A great card Fran!
    Clairexx

    Aunty Sue said...

    omg that isnt fair showing us this it is stunning i too am trying very hard not to get more and use what i have as they do need using but how can you resist. Stunning image and cant wait for my kit and thanks.

    Anki said...

    Stunning! Your colouring is amazing! Love it sweetie! Kramis - Anki

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin