Monday, 5 October 2009

WoJ Santa: 'naughty or nice'

Here's my second card for today and total opposite to my last card as this is muted/vintagey looking which I love as much as my funky simple ones - just depends what mood I'm in and who the card is going to!

This is one of the new Santa stamps designed by Elisabeth Bell for Whiff of Joy and they will be released this Wednesday 7th. I just love this one with his list and knew I wanted to use my 'naughty or nice' stamp to go with him :)

The rest of the card actually came together really quickly by my standards! It helped that I had the utterly gorgeous MME papers to use which instantly gave it the look I was after. Then it was just a case of adding a sentiment and couple of embellies and I was done!


I had fun cutting out santa and giving him a flowersoft beard and white fun flock over the white trims of his suit, here's a close up. He's mounted on 3d foam so pops off the card more IRL.



Stash:

  • Stamps: Elisabeth Bell Santa Clause from Whiff Of Joy released 7th Oct. The check list stamp is from an Inkadinkado set and the sentiment is from a PM set which I have heat embossed with black glitter embossing powder
  • Colouring: Copics. The reds I have used for his suit are R35, R37, R39. The blk bits are W3, W5, W7
  • Paper: MME signature christmas glitter stack
  • Tools: OMG don't think I used any fancy tools for this one what's wrong with me?! Oh no wait, did use couple of punches for the leaves LOL phew! oh and tracing wheel for my faux stitching & pokey tool to get the holes for my brad and pin haha
  • Others: Ivory flowersoft, white fun flock, Prima poinsetta flowers, snowflake brad, metal sleigh charm and a blk diamante pin.

  • ************

    I'm really enjoying not using any sketches/challenges at the moment and am finding the cards are coming together quicker/more freely now (even if they are less complicated)! Think I was getting bogged down trying to fit in challenges/keep the visitor count up that I ended up not feeling very crafty at all! So apart from my ATC and CCT card I think I'm just going to go at my own pace from now on and not worry about the rest. Hopefully people who want to find me & my cards will still know I'm here!

    Have a lovely Monday (it's feeling decidedly chilly today, even with the lovely sunshine . . proper Autumn feel in the air now. Think the heating will be in use very soon!)


    9 comments:

    Beth said...

    I know exactly what you mean, I write all the challenges down, then get overwhelmed by the ammount I want to join in with, and end up doing none of them! I'll still come and visit you! This card is fab, I love the new image and his fluffy beard and coat!

    Beth xx

    Kathy said...

    This is adorable Fran!! I just love these new Santa images and have been looking for a good one for along time!!
    The paper is gorgeous as well!! Funny I just used that Naughty and Nice stamp for my card today but you will have to wait til the Sugar Bowl to see it!! LOL
    Hope your enjoying your lovely Autumn weather!! You know I will be raking all day soon!! haha
    :)Kathy

    CraftyC said...

    This is a gorgeous card Fran and lovin Santa. I feel so much pressure has been taken away since stepping down from my DT's. I can craft when I want and no more rushing cards for deadlines. Do miss the teams but nice to enter the challenges and play along when I want. Hope all goes well for you and btw, my heating is now back on!!
    Clairexx

    Andrea said...

    I love your card - I just adore this Santa with his list, and your naughty or nice stamp is the perfect match!
    You're on my Blogs reading list, so I'll be keepinf an eye on what you're doing!
    Love, Andrea xx

    Jennifer said...

    Very nice!!!

    Julie said...

    I just love the new images and have hot sweats at the thought of waiting another day or two! This is soo beautiful with the fluffy beard and coat!

    Love it

    p.s. where did you get your naughty and nice voucher? i love this idea!

    Hugs
    Julie

    Viv said...

    Hi Fran, back from holiday and came right over. Love this Santa card with the Naughty and Nice stamp!
    Totally know what you're talking about when it comes to making your cards for others not yourself.
    It's so liberating to make your OWN card, when you want, how you want.
    I'll keep coming aback, you're not getting rid of me! LOL
    Viv xx

    Rach said...

    gorgeous card hun, fabulous colouring and detail..
    i totally empathise with you on the challenge front... and the facebook..lol..
    xxx

    anywhere_Smile said...

    Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin