Friday, 9 October 2009

'Santa is coming to town'

I'm back with another christmas card for today's post. I'm loving the santa stamps from WoJ, they are so cute and are great to colour in although my red Copic was a touch too juicy and I went over the line a bit on this one so you'll have to ignore that bit! (did it near the end and wasn't about to start again). Colouring in all these santas has also made me realise I 'need' more shades of red Copics even though I have quite a few - always the way isn't it :D I used a smaller 5" square card for a change (usually use 6" square ones) and loving how quickly it all came together and this santa is a perfect size for a smaller card.

Stash:
  • Stamps: 'Quiet Santa' WoJ, circle santa seal stamp is a Magnolia stamp from xmas '09 collection. flourish bits in corner from an Inkadinkado set
  • Colouring: Copics, added 'glistening snow writer' and glamour dust to his white trim
  • Paper: Basic Grey 'figgy pudding' I think, not sure as scrap piece no name left on it!
  • Tools: holly & flower punch
  • Others: ribbon & gems

    Thanks for stopping by & have a lovely day. Will be back tomorrow with another card (I seem to be on a roll now that I'm not stressing with following challenges or sketches!)

  • 13 comments:

    Louby said...

    ohhh he's lovely isn't he, i think the colouring is great. Love it all, its just so christmasy.
    Louby x

    Rach said...

    Delish card Fran, fabulous colours and papers... enjoy your weekend.xx

    fluwelenvoetjes said...

    What an adorable Xmascard! Love all the details and papers.
    xoxo Anita

    Andrea said...

    I love your card - adorable Santa and gorgeous papers - all looks fabulous!
    Love, Andrea xx

    Craftyanny said...

    oh he's so sweet Fran, a great card
    Anne x

    Kathy said...

    This is adorable Fran!!! I love these images!! Your coloring is fabulous and you should not have said anything!! I didn't notice til I read it!! LOL
    These papers are so pretty as well!!
    Well I hope you have a fabulous week-end!
    :)Kathy

    gina g said...

    gorgeous card love the sweet image and papers and colour, was hoping mine would come before i go away tomorrow.luv gina xx

    Deb said...

    wow, these Santas are so cute, fabulous card, love the depth of colour in the reds! have a great weekend, hugs Debx

    Viv said...

    Your Santa is a real cutie Fran!
    His coat is coloured perfectly. The reds are just the job.
    Have a great weekend!
    Viv xx

    Jackie Thomas said...

    What an amazing card. I love Santa, and your colouring is amazing. xo Jackie

    She said...

    Lovely card, what a great Santa! She xx

    Vicky said...

    Beautiful card Fran. Love the cute santa you've used and the sentiment is fab!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    Mimiko said...

    This is so beautiful, I just love the colours :)

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin