Saturday, 17 October 2009

Quick n simple card with Henry & new toy

Oops, forgot to post this yesterday.

I managed to get hold of a Martha Stewart loopy border punch and the matching corner punch so had to try it out as soon as I got it - as you do with new toys! So anyway, I did, and was left with a 5" blank card with fab loopy edges all the way round so decided to make a quick card with it with another super cute Henry mouse stamp which I just cut out, coloured and added to the card along with a bit of dp and ribbon and card done!

I wanted to give the wreath some texture & sheen so added some clear glaze pen over some of the leaves to make them look glossy like real holly leaves and love how it looks IRL - may see it better if you click on photo.

Here's another shot of it laying flat so you can see how I've matted the inside of the card with matching green dp so that the loops stand out more against the contrasting colour;

I've managed to colour a few more different Henry's seeing as I had my xmas papers & my Copic mouse colours out so should have a few more Henry christmas cards to show you . .but not till Monday (need to work tonight and it'll take me a day or so to decide on card layouts and all the embellies!) So until then, have a lovely rest of the weekend.

Stash:

  • Stamps: 'Henry Mouse with Christmas wreath' Whiff of Joy stamp. christmas seal is Magnolia xmas '08 stamp (OMGoodness, just saw some of the new Magnolia ones for this year over on Sir Stampalot site and they are so cute!)
  • Colouring: Copics with Sakura stardust pen for glitter on bow and glaze pen for the glossy sheen on the leaves
  • Paper:MME 'wonderful winter' stack
  • Tools: Martha Stewart loopy border and corner punches sourced from various shops as out of stock in many but think Stampeezee may still have some in stock. These punch sets are more pricey but I just loved this too much to pass up in the end (but I'm glad they have since packed them together as a set for the newer styles and made them cheaper - managed to get snowflake and another of the newer ones from Oyster Crafts- love them! so be prepared to see more). mini Holly punch think it's an old EK one, corner rounder punch.
  • Others: red gems, ribbon



  • 2 comments:

    Andrea said...

    Wow! How fabulous does that look!
    Love, Andrea xx

    jude said...

    Wow waht a cute image and the border is fab!totaly sets the card off!
    hugs judex

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin